• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. A

What is the shortest vent-rib accuchoke barrel made?

If all you have is a full choke barrel you are essentially "forced" to use it. There are times you want not a "full" but maybe a "modified" or possible "Imp Mod" or go the other way to "Imp cyl". Ditto to being "Forced" to use a longer (28"-32") barrel just to have a full choke... If I could...
  2. A

What is the shortest vent-rib accuchoke barrel made?

I'm more than a little curious. After much thought and reflection I've decided I really want a 20", 22"or 24" Vent-rib accuchoke barrel... The option of a short FULL Choke barrel (but not being forced to full choke) is what I seek, what is out there? If you've ever seen what is left of a...
  3. A

All Metal trigger group

The only problem I ever experienced with the trigger assembly on my 500 was a malfunction of the dissconnector, the little torsion spring that pushes it down slipped between the disconnector bar and the plastic body of the trigger housing. What I had to do to rectify the situation was rather...
  4. A

Finally found a parkerized 18.5" barrel. Rust removal?

If you have a plastic office garbage pail or a length of 4" PVC pipe capped at one end, you can soak the barrel overnight in store bought White Vinegar This will reduce the rust to something that can be removed with a plastic bristle toothbrush. I recommend the length of PVC pipe because it...
  5. A

having 14'' barrel illegal if not on gun?

Simply having a Barrel shorter than the legal 18" minumum and the shotgun it fits is something an ATF agent will call "Constructive Possession" Unless you really want to visit scenic Ft. Leavenworth.... for an extended stay (like ten years)
  6. A

Magazine tube removal success

Typical Loctite compounds spontaneously decompose at about 350'F except for the High strength (Usually green Retaining compounds) But as the factory uses Loctite blue putting the stripped receiver into a 350degree oven for half an hour will "kill" the Loctite bond The High strength Retaining...
  7. A

Anyone use a stainless mag follower?

I recently replaced the follower in my Remington 870, but the Remington follower is far easier to change out. I bought one on eBay that has a stainless steel body with a red anodized (aluminum) piece mounted in the middle. I was rather impressed with how it was made the aluminum piece was...
  8. A

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

I bought one of the NDZ safeties off eBay. it looks like the one in the top picture in the original post, except I bought it anodized in red so it can be seen at a distance, for when perhaps a cousin or Nephew might be holding that shotgun. I think I paid ~$9 shipped It came with an Allen head...
  9. A

Which of this shotguns is better, and what differences they have?

For what it's worth My shotgun which I refer to as a Mossberg model-500 is actually a Newhaven Model 600, I bought it used in March or April 1984 for $109. I keep using it though I've since bought two Remington 870's, one of which I dumped a ton of money into, and now I'm belatedly putting...
Back