• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Autonomous

Federal Shorty Rifled Slugs - loose slug?

No good deed goes unpunished.
  2. Autonomous

Again, I did not say the shotshells had setback. I used the example to make a point. "Projectile setback can spike pressures. Beware." I wanted to make the point It could be a safety issue, not get drawn into what the meaning of is 'is.' Not being snarky so don't make something out of the...
  3. Autonomous

pictures that make you lol

4. Autonomous

5. Autonomous

Suggest you take your issue to a reloading forum where people understand how reduced case volume affects pressure. Be sure to not listen and be pedantic there as well. They like that.
  6. Autonomous

Want!
  7. Autonomous

I did not call it setback. See post # 5, I said setback can spike pressures. Do with that what you want.
  8. Autonomous

Are you understanding? If the slug has moved rearward at the time of ignition the effect is the same.
  9. Autonomous

Don't be a pedant. If the slug has moved rearward at the time of ignition the effect is the same.
  10. Autonomous

Projectile setback can spike pressures. Beware.
  11. Autonomous

Mossberg 930 Breacher Barrel - Barrel Bead Misaligned

Barrels can be darn hard to find. Getting a defective one? Ugh. It took me a couple years to find an 18.5" non-BB for the 590. Got some nice ghost ring XS sights on it now!
  12. Autonomous

XS Big Dot on a Shockwave

Let us know what you think!
  13. Autonomous

Mossberg 930 Breacher Barrel - Barrel Bead Misaligned

FWIW the breacher barrel on my 590 had a screw in sight. A normal height sight is not very helpful with the large diameter of the BB. A Big Dot front sight works very well with the BB and can be epoxied on where you want it. Normally you use a supplied small post screwed into the barrel to...
  14. Autonomous

Question regarding locked and loaded

Springs don't seem to suffer from being compressed for long periods of time. The last round in the magazine requires quite a bit more pressure to insert than the rest therefore I keep the magazine loaded one shy of it's capacity to spare the cartridges.
  15. Autonomous

16. Autonomous

Another Shockwave mod thread...

Nice compact laser. Let us have a review after you put it through it's paces. I suspect you will want a taller front sight especially with the rail.
  17. Autonomous

Stupid question about racking (retrograde)

Springs are interesting. We don't worry about valve or suspension springs in our cars going bad. The valve springs in a drag race engine with 1" lift and 10,500 rpm may last 10 runs.
  18. Autonomous

Interesting. Certainly much less money than a Big Dot. It's taller than the fiber optic sight on the Thunder Ranch so it'd work there too. In the handgun world white front sights are gaining popularity. A person could temporarily whiten that Highball sight to see if they liked it. If so, hit...
  19. Autonomous

What I noticed more than accuracy was speed on target.
  20. Autonomous

I put a Big Dot on a 590 Thunder Ranch. Very happy with it, especially with that stupid standoff muzzle device that shrouds the outline of the stock sight. Warning, installation and epoxy rant follows. JB Weld works great. Note, fast cure epoxies are not as strong. Important: The biggest causes...
Back