• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. A

930 All Purpose Field Gas Woes

Hi John. The piston can only go in one way so its a no brainer. I am pretty sure I have my oil situation finally under control now. I cleaned out the receiver and only put a bit of oil where it should be. I have also started running a Bore Snake down the barrel before I go out to shoot just in...
  2. A

So I was sitting at dinner tonight and the perfect cycling of the low base and the less than perfect cycling of the high base popped up in my head. Then it hit me....Dwell Time. Even though the high base built more pressure, it was not enough to account for the extra speed of the load and the...
  3. A

Perfect and thanks for the warning. I have mastered the perfect launch when it comes to pressurized springs. LOL And thanks Sarge, just so happens I read your post this morning.
  4. A

Roger that Rob, thanks. Since I have no plans for an mag tube extension on this gun, is it true that the stock "cap" on the end can simply be pried off with a screwdriver?
  5. A

Another New 930 Owner

Thanks old M.
  6. A

Thanks Rob, but let me clarify the "loose forearm". It's not that it slides per say back and forth on the mag tube, but you can squeeze it up to the forearm retainer. I believe that the OR3GUN CFR was designed to take up the slop left on that end of the forearm. I have no idea how the forearm...
  7. A

Since this is a long one, I am going to start with my questions: Why does this thing only have trouble cycling High Base, and how is it possible for oil from inside the receiver to migrate into the gas system? I have been a pump-gunner all of my life and thought the 930 would be a good...
  8. A

Another New 930 Owner

Hello from a new 930 Hunting All Purpose Field owner. I have hunted with a Winchester Model 12 16 gauge all of my hunting life (50+ years), but I retired it last year with the push to steel shot. Recently I moved to Oregon from California and I left the Mod 12 with my Brother, so I bought the...
Back