• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

low recoil rounds in a 930

i'll stay away from the low recoil stuff....estate looks like it is pretty well received...gonna order a case and give it a try...certainly well priced...like to find a good case deal on the vital shock but not much out there and pricey for sure...likely to get more practice in with an...
  2. S

to add to the above post..i am not stuck on low recoil rounds...they just seemed to have a good rep...the fderal is actually below 1200 though-scott
  3. S

any issues with the federal in particuar???or reccomendations for that matter...i'll have to check the specs
  4. S

anyone have any issues with cycling in a 930 with any of the "law enforcement-low recoil " rounds...i'm looking at a case of the federal stuff but don't want to spring for that much without asking first...gets lots of good reviews for grouping but i don't read much about semi-autos-thanks,scott
  5. S

trouble with new 930 spx

jst a quick follow up....took the 930 along to the range and ran 100 rnds of el cheapo winchester target load thru it...not even so much as a hiccup!....ran several tubes(it holds 7 of this particular shell)as fast as could pull the tigger and smooth as silk...it caught the attention of some...
  6. S

trouble with new 930 spx

UPDATE---well i have some good news!!!...got my wolfe spring and trimmed it down to 28 inches..tried to install the nordic teflon coated follower but it is obviously not intended for ext mag tubes...the grooves will barely fit pass the end of the factory tube...so in the trash witth that piece...
  7. S

trouble with new 930 spx

point made,i have no questions as to the motivation behind your advice........i'm assuming that some folks on this board have lots of dealings with mossberg....why would a reputable company continue to put crap on an otherwise good weapon?????....just seems wrong...doesn't really matter at this...
  8. S

trouble with new 930 spx

i will keep the nordic + 2 and xl cap in mind...i'll try the new spring first and give it a good test..i hate to drop $80 bucks if i don't have too.....just after a good cleaning and oiing,the shells all manually eject smoothly with out the follower getting hung at all so i am encouraged..i...
  9. S

trouble with new 930 spx

well,my range time is limited so i went ahead and ordered a wolfe spring and a teflon coated follower to be on the safe side...i will report back...i didn't see and dents in the tubes or feel any burrs......i read choate mag tubes are an issue,if so how do i tell if this is a choate made...
  10. S

trouble with new 930 spx

thanks,giving the whole works a good cleaning as we speak...i have to say,when i get this issue resolved this will be a sweet shooter.....besides this problem it shot very well,slugs were dead accurate and not too bad on the shoulder...i'm a lefty and the hulls went forward and right...i have...
  11. S

trouble with new 930 spx

hi folks,having some trouble with my new toy and this looks like the place to figure it out....i was aware that these need a break in period so i went to the range with a variety of factory ammo ranging from winchester cheapo target loads to remy slugs and magnum buck and some winchesr milspec...
Back