• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Buckeye Bill

464 Range Time - Scoped Mounted

I returned to the range today but without the scope. After much consideration, I decided that this gun would best fit my needs without the scope. I want to use it for 25-50 yard Hog hunting and at those ranges, the iron sights should serve me well. I needed to zero again so I started...
  2. Buckeye Bill

Took mine to the range today just to test some reloads. 100% reliable today. Fired about 30 rounds at 50 yards.
  3. Buckeye Bill

464 Brush Gun Purchase

Yacol J, That is a great looking set up. I got a good deal on the Leupold Freedom scope so I headed down that path. I think a red dot could be ideal as well. I plan to use this platform for Hogs with shots under 50 yards. That is right in red dot range.
  4. Buckeye Bill

464 Brush Gun Purchase

Jeff, It is a 16.25 in barrel. It was the short look of this rifle that really appealed to me. I had a Marlin in the past but foolishly sold it. This Mossberg was priced right at a small local shop and I like the dull finish a lot. Mine has not had any real problems. I have spent a lot of...
  5. Buckeye Bill

464 Cartridges ?

I was checking during SHOTS for news but Mossberg did not seem to offer any additions. I wonder if handgun chamberings are on the table.
  6. Buckeye Bill

Would enjoy seeing a picture. What scope did you select?
  7. Buckeye Bill

Got some range time in today. I had loaded 30 rounds on Saturday. IMR 3031 30.0 grains Hornady 150 grain JRN Winchester Primers Recoil was noticeably light and POI was pretty low on paper at 50 yards. Nice group though. I adjusted the scope and kept shooting. Rifle is functioning...
  8. Buckeye Bill

Firearm Photo Gallery

464 at the Range.
  9. Buckeye Bill

Hammer Spur Advice

John A. Did that Carlson brand spur fit correctly without any modification? I can live without it but it would be handy.
  10. Buckeye Bill

Oops, typo on the IMR 3031. I am working with the Hornady 9th edition load manual and the Nosler website. I picked up RCBS dies. Would have preferred Lee dies but they were not available locally. IMR 4198 is interesting but I don't have any on the shelf. Yet! Bill
  11. Buckeye Bill

Hammer Spur Advice

I was very happy to see that my spent casings were not bouncing off my Leupold scope on their way out. Your modified base in impressive. I think that had the 464 been more popular, we might have seen more after market items. I still have high hopes for the rifle and its continued success...
  12. Buckeye Bill

I bought some Hornady 150 grain round nose bullets. I have some powder on the shelf that I have data for. IMR3031 Win748 IMR4064 After Christmas, i plan to load some up and hit the range. I am just looking for plinking performance. My next box of bullets will be in the 170 to 180 weight...
  13. Buckeye Bill

I only had a little time today. I mounted the scope and wanted to get some rounds on paper to zero. https://www.leupold.com/scopes/rifle-scopes/vx-freedom-1-5-4x20 Kwik-Site combo base and low rings. This is my third trip to the range and I have about 160 rounds down range. I have...
  14. Buckeye Bill

Hammer Spur Advice

Thanks for the information and the pictures are worth 1000 words. Like you, I think I will be able to live without the hammer spur extension. When I got the scope all mounted, I have enough room to get my thumb in for hammer manipulation.
  15. Buckeye Bill

Hammer Spur Advice

I am in the process of mounting a scope on my 464 Brush Gun. I have the original equipment Hammer spur and it looks functional but not very durable. What options have members found that are compatible and more durable? I went with the Kwik-Site ring and base set (low). Leupold Freedom...
  16. Buckeye Bill

464 Brush Gun Purchase

I am collecting components so I can start loading 30-30. I have a bunch of brass that is all tumbled and ready.
  17. Buckeye Bill

464 Brush Gun Purchase

Thanks for the welcome. I was not in the market for a lever gun the day I first saw the 464 sitting in a local shop. It was the flat silver appearance and the laminate stock that got my attention. I thought, "A Mossberg lever gun?" It just looked so good and I do enjoy a lever rifle. I read...
  18. Buckeye Bill

464 Brush Gun Purchase

New to the forum. Never paid much attention to Mossberg rifles but came across a 464 Brush Gun in a local shop and I was impressed. I held off and did not buy until I did some research. That is how I discovered the Mossberg Owners.com. I spent a few hours reading the posts and trying to...
  19. Buckeye Bill

West Valley - Phoenix Arizona

Been lurking for awhile reading and learning. Looking forward to sharing information. Bill
Back