• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. O

Maverick 88 forend

Hay guys, I'm looking for a corncob forend for one of my 88's. This one has that big blocky forend and I want them all to have the same thing. It works just fine but I want them all to match. Is there any difference in the length? If so where do you measure from? Looking to buy or trade. Thanks.
  2. O

Still here!

Just checking in with y'all letting you know I am ok after Hurricane Ida. Got no power, low water pressure. Good news is my area did not flood and received only minor damage. Got my Maverick88 by my side! Along with a few friends. LOL. I'm good for now. Later.
  3. O

Collector value

Just curious about the collector value of a Mossberg shotgun I have. It's a 500CT 20 gauge made in 1974. Has a G prefix in the s/n. Got it used from a local pawnshop. Asking because I spotted a Maverick88 Bantam youth 20 gauge going for $250ish. Since I am a fairly regular customer there I...
  4. O

Ammo question

I recently acquired some 12 gauge and some 410 ammo. Question is about the 410 ammo. Its Silver Bear 410,3 inch magnum. Has a 97 gr sabot slug. Zinc plated steel cased made by Barnaul. Now I do know that Barnaul makes good ammo. Shot a ton of it through my SKS so I know it works. However...
  5. O

Got a Canik

Hay guys, sorry I haven't posted anything for awhile but I'm still on this side of the grass. Anyway I recently acquired a Canik C100 9mm. Basically it's a CZ75 clone sorta. Got 2 more magazines ordered from Tristar. When I can gather enough ammo for a proper test I'll post the results.
  6. O

Shotgun primer question.

Ok,I've been told that the primer in shotgun shells makes no difference in performance . A 209 is a 209 no matter who makes them. I do realize that shotgun shells require specific components to work safely. Any information is appreciated.
  7. O

Found 2 New Haven's

Stopped by my favorite pawnshop and behind the counter were 2 New Haven shotguns. 1 in 12 the other in 20. The 12 was newer because it has 2 action bars but a plastic trigger guard. The 20 has only one action bar so I know it's the older one of the 2. Both have the C- lect screw choke. They...
  8. O

Want to buy 20 gauge barrel 18.5"

Anyone here has a 20 gauge 18.5" barrel for a 500? Tried Flea Bay but all they have are 12. Thanks.
  9. O

This ammo any good?

Just got home from the gun show. Bought 2 boxes of Cascade Strong Arm 20 gauge 2 3/4 #2 buckshot 9 pellet. 1200 fps. Any one here ever heard or used this brand of ammo? Box says made in Mexico. Thanks.
  10. O

Of Beans bullets and bandages

In light of what is currently happening in society as of late I have been quietly reinforcing my stash of the prepper basics. Beans bullets and bandages. These riots have hit too close to home for my comfort level. Not trying to sound paranoid but that's just me.
  11. O

Choke question.

What's the smallest choke that #4 buckshot will go through without doing damage to the shotgun or shooter? Asking because there's a gun show coming and I want a beater shotgun to keep in my truck. Probably an H&R . Most come with a fixed choke most likely I/M. Any of you gun gurus have an...
  12. O

Getting another 20 gauge

Put money down on a 500c 20 gauge. This one has twin action bars, vent rib barrel and screw chokes. When I do get it home I'll give you more information about it.
  13. O

Need some scope dope!

I recently bought a Marlin 30AW 30/30. Came with a Tasco #629A 3x9x32 scope. Did do some research on it and for the most part users say it's ok. Should I upgrade or keep it?
  14. O

Ammo available in your area.

Just curious as to what is going on in your area. All the big box stores have been wiped out of the most common calibers, 9mm,380,38/357 40S&W. No 223/5.56,308,7.62x39 or 12 gauge. I've been stacking it deep for years so my supply is good.
  15. O

Fiocchi shotshell loads

I got a bunch of Fiocchi 12 gauge hulls,2/34 . Some are high base others are low. Any load data on these hulls you want to share? Or are they worth keeping?
  16. O

Harbor Freight sales.

Harbor Freight is having a parking lot sale this weekend. Got a 50 cal ammo can for $10.00. Just letting you know.
  17. O

Magazine plug dowel

Anyone knows the diameter and length of the dowel in the mag ? I can get wood dowl rods at a hobby shop and O rings and work. There cheap enough I can make my own. Thanks in advance for any advice.BTW it's for a 500 shotgun.
  18. O

Loctite question.

My 500 CT is missing the front bead sight. Going to order one from Numrich this week. Anyway do any of you use Loctite on said part? I work at an auto shop so I can get either one, red or blue. Suggestions? Thanks.
  19. O

Got me a 500 CT 20 guage.

Well I got my Christmas present for me today. A somewhat abused 500 CT 20 guage. From the info I got here it was built in 1974 and has 1 action bar. Got it apart for a good cleaning and inspection. So far I do need a front bead sight for the original one is missing. Got some work to do with...
  20. O

Any milsurp shooters out there?

I have a modest collection of milsurp rifles . My prize posession is a Brno VZ 24 Romanian contract in 8mm mauser. Next is a Gew 98 built in 1917. Previous owner cut down the stock and tossed handguard . Did a very nice job but he hacked up a piece of history! Next to the Mausers are 2 Chinese...
Back