• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. I

Federal Shorty Ammo

Not in the Scorpion, but why would it be any different than any other 500-series? I started loading these for urban HD because of the increased mag capacity and reduced recoil. My wife couldn't handle regular 12-gauge buck loads, but she actually likes shooting these. YMMV, but buy a box and...
  2. I

Who Has Done the Vang Porting/Backboring on a Mariner?

OK, I'm intrigued by this process, but I'm not seeing much posted here by people who have actually spent the long green to have it done and used it a lot. Is it "worth it"? Subjectively or objectively, how much did it tighten groups or reduce recoil? How much does the porting lessen...
  3. I

Anyone Have a Lefty 590?

So I'm one of the weirdos who is right-handed but left-eye dominant, so my whole life (I'm 62) I've shot everything southpaw. I've never been bothered shooting guns made for righties (I actually prefer R-handed bolt guns), but I noticed that Mossberg is offering the 590 in L-handed. Is there...
  4. I

Where do I put a red dot reflex sight on a 930 JM Pro?

Old thread, but I like the dot positioned about at the front of the chamber. I hate bulk, so I went with a pistol flip-up optic on a Pic rail (with a groove deep enough to co-witness the front H3 bead). Slips in a scabbard, comes out without snagging, and I'm happy so far.
  5. I

Federal Shorty Ammo

So far, my experience is they're weird in a good way. They're certainly weird-looking, but that's mostly because there's no tall wad hiding inside like in conventional slug/buck loads. There's a little less go-powder, but also slightly fewer pellets, so the end result is pretty good...
  6. I

Meprolight tritium beads sights on sale

Sorry, it was the only thread I could find on Meprolight. My nearly 30-y-o Millett H3 tubes are still usefully bright, about as bright as the new Meprolight. When the Milletts were new, it was borderline too bright--I was concerned that they were lighting up my face. I asked the seller, who...
  7. I

Recoil Pad options for 590?

Yes. Obviously you've never been to Shelton, WA. The people there have a little different attitude about people figuring things out for themselves. In fairness, there are a lot of ways to supply the wrong small parts...
  8. I

Federal Shorty Ammo

I got my Federals at my local Cabela's, but they don't always have them in stock. IME, I don't really see a downside for HD other than pellet count.
  9. I

Federal Shorty Ammo

What gun are you running the shortshells in? Are you using an adapter. I like the Federals just fine, but they need the adapter to feed right. I have the OPSol2, and it's a good product. 12+1 is nice in a 590.
  10. I

Shortshells and OPSol Adapter?

I was so intrigued by this idea of 1 3/4 shells (and increased 12+1 capacity in a 590 without sidesaddle), that I bought the OPSol2 ($15) and a few boxes of the Federal short shells. The ballistics are pretty impressive, with the tradeoff coming at the expense of pellet count. Haven't had any...
  11. I

Meprolight tritium beads sights on sale

Wondering how this worked out for you. I bit on a similar deal on the Meprolight H3 thread-in sight. To be honest, I was/am a little disappointed at how dim the tube is. My pistol glow sights circa 1990 are brighter than this. When I asked, my seller checked and could get no info on how old...
  12. I

Illuminate Me

Thanks. This seems like a nice group.
  13. I

Illuminate Me

The strap is good insurance against Kel-Tek hand.
  14. I

Illuminate Me

I'm a Streamlight TL-Racker fan. Yes, I could improve the feel and design, and on the full-length 590, it does throw a shadow (I moved the OEM sliing stud to the side). But for what it is, it's very bright and relatively compact. I hate stuff hanging off the side. Affordable, too, at $117.
Back