• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Shadowdog

This 'break in' procedure

The #8 shot shell is 2&1/4" and the 00 is 2&1/2" long. Don't have a micrometer. But asap I'll get to the gun shop and see what other brands they have, When I bought these, if I recall, it was the only brand they carried. Can't just go to any sporting goods store and pick up ammo here. The...
  2. Shadowdog

This 'break in' procedure

I had the 590A1 lock up with a round chambered and got great advice here, but it's not over. I followed the advice in this thread: http://www.mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/improved-mossberg-elevator.12594/#post-166999 but I did minimal filing as instructed. When I loaded the mag...
  3. Shadowdog

Water

Yeah, I don't recall how much I paid for the AquaRain but might have been on a sale at Emergency Essentials for $180+ but that was 10-11 yrs. ago. I know you can buy very expensive filters out there but my concern was the source you're drawing from...creek, rain, etc. and if I was drawing...
  4. Shadowdog

Water

On page one of this thread is a post by (Bob?) that made a filter using Berkey charcoal filters for a fraction of the price. I'm still not a fan of Berkey but it's better than not using anything. They're basic charcoal filters and made in England. We're 8+ years into using an Aqua Rain filter...
  5. Shadowdog

I don't want to shoot through my house and into my neighbors' so which shotgun ammo?

you're right Ern. I'll be getting something like that. Better deaf than dead tho, huh? [coffee, yeah, cigar, yeah, whiskey, never got a taste for] maybe next life :)
  6. Shadowdog

I don't want to shoot through my house and into my neighbors' so which shotgun ammo?

I've been thinking about how loud a shotshell would be inside a house and what it would do to your hearing, even for a few moments. Our house is cinder block with 1/2" concrete finish on both sides so the blast wouldn't go through a wall (no neighbors anyway) so the report would stay indoors...
  7. Shadowdog

Loaded question

Thanks D., at least it did exist somewhere..just not Mossberg.
  8. Shadowdog

Loaded question

Daryll, you're right..hold action lock lever, hold trigger down, pump, learn new muscle memory...Would work maybe but holding the action lock lever would make it hard to do. But I read it somewhere, I swear..
  9. Shadowdog

Loaded question

I remember reading some years ago about one of Mossberg's shotguns (going off old memory cells here) that you could hold the trigger down and cycle the forearm and pump rounds out. What model was that? Will the 590A1 do it?
  10. Shadowdog

Water

Dogfoot, question for you ..I have an old bucket of GLB pool treatment and there are similar items at the orange box store. But what is Trichloro-s-Triazinetrione? That is the main ingredient on this label. Dehydrated bleach or something to be avoided in drinking water?
  11. Shadowdog

Water

I've spent a lot of time on this subject. Currently have a rain catchment system up for about 6 years now in addition to municipal water...3 tanks totaling 2100 gallons with a 24V solar powered pump. I use regular unscented bleach. Bleach degrades over time to basically water. Haven't found a...
  12. Shadowdog

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

VO24 bought in Sept. 2015 (590A1)
  13. Shadowdog

590A1 jammed

Thanks, Bobster...those things you talked about are very familiar to me. I won't let a shop change the oil on either of our vehicles. That way I know the little crush gasket is in place and not on the shop floor. (I worked in gas stations as a kid). I had an HK91 and that was a bear to put the...
  14. Shadowdog

590A1 jammed

On the old Mossberg 500 the action lock lever hung up once and not knowing what to do, I took it to a gunsmith. Not sure what he did but it never happened again. Yeah, being stuck in the house...I might try it also. My issue here is I can't put a lot of shells through it to break it in...2nd...
  15. Shadowdog

590A1 jammed

Thanks. Removing the barrel worked --although I was mistaken in that the bolt was in battery (forearm forward) ..when the barrel came out the action lock lever released and it's back to normal position. I read this post (...
  16. Shadowdog

590A1 jammed

Hello, new poster here..and really need some help. I searched here and couldn't find a related topic. There are 4- 2&3/4" shells in the mag. tube and one in the chamber. I was cycling the action to unload it and with the first pump the action lock lever stuck in the up position. Slide will not...
Back