• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

MCARBO Trigger Spring Kit and Magazine Follower

That follower is sexy, money well spent. I might give the trigger a go. Don't really have a problem with the stock one, but seems worth a try for that little bit of money.
  2. S

Sticking action and trigger

I was doing a bit of dry-fire practice today to work on my pullrack and trigger control techniques. Both leave much to be desired at this point, but that's another story. I noticed two problems I need help diagnosing whether it's me or the gun. First, sometimes it wouldn't pump after I pulled...
  3. S

Stock shims

Couldn't hurt to try. Stock does feel a bit short. Doubt it would fix everything though.
  4. S

Just your average gorilla

Stealthy and patient... two things I am not. Of course, it'd probably cost as much to modify the factory barrel as it would to just buy a new barrel already properly set up.
  5. S

Hah! Having done a bit more research I may not have the factory barrel cut down. But it does need to be reamed for chokes before I'd go hunting with it. The factory Improved Cylinder isn't exactly ideal.
  6. S

Stock shims

I've searched the forum and the rest of the web, but no luck. Anybody know where I can get shims to adjust my stock? Right now, I see more rib than a barbecue joint when I mount the gun. I can get down to where I just see the bead, but it's uncomfortable and takes time. Eventually, I'd like to...
  7. S

Federal Shorty Ammo

As soon as I can confidently spare a few bucks I'm going to buy some dummy rounds to drill with. I want to modify some of those to shorties just to see how they cycle. I don't see the point of reloading drills with the shorties... if 13 rounds of 12ga hasn't solved the problem it's a problem I'm...
  8. S

I do miss my teddy. Haven't seen him since I was five or six.
  9. S

What, no cute kittens or singing unicorns? :rolleye:
  10. S

My brother is the gun guy of the family. I grew up hunting, shooting, and reloading. I like guns. They just aren't my "thing". My 500 is the only gun I own and the only one I intend to own. I do want to improve and Guccify it but there are other things that I'm passionate about that take...
  11. S

I'd like to thank everybody for the warm welcome. I probably won't be terribly active here for a while. I don't have any useful knowledge to contribute or many questions to ask. But once I find a place to shoot and get some reloading gear I do have some experiments I'd like to try.
  12. S

Federal Shorty Ammo

Not sure I plan to run them regularly. Just bought them because weird ammo is better than no ammo.
  13. S

Paul Harrell - Shooting 12 Gauge Slugs at 200 and 300 Yards

Now I want to see the same drills with sabot slugs and a rifled barrel. Based on this, I wouldn't use foster slugs past 100 yards.
  14. S

Dummy shells

I've been looking for dummies as well. I can't understand why they're more expensive than real ammo. The snap caps, sure, they have more to them. But regular dummies should be cheap. I don't have any hulls yet, just bought my gun. Maybe I'll wait till I finally get my ammo and have a chance to...
  15. S

Federal Shorty Ammo

I got a box of the Federals and an Opsol spacer when I bought my 500 the other week. It was all the ammo they had left. I haven't had a chance to try them out though. I've been tempted to see how they feed, but cycling live ammo in the house isn't my idea of fun.
  16. S

I've been away from guns for a while but just recently used the current "panic" to persuade my wife it would be a good idea to get one. Like most here my age I grew up hunting and shooting. I'm not an internet-certified Operator™ but I do know which end the bullets come out. Just bought the...
Back