• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Uncle_Bambi

Mossberg Patriot accuraccy issue and fixes

I used to be a huge Mossberg 500 shotgun fan, but the newer ones are but a shadow of the older vintage ones. I still have my older 500 in .410, but sold off the 12ga for an older Remington 870 Express. Yeah...... the Remington 870 Express is a better shotgun.
  2. Uncle_Bambi

I seems to be a straight shooter now. I just got back from Wyoming, and took a Pronghorn at 336 yards. While I was there though, I found a Kimber Montana in 25-06 for stupid cheap on a consignment rack. I haven't had it out yet, but if it shoots well the Mossberg gets sold. I don't need junk...
  3. Uncle_Bambi

Likeing my .308 Patriot....

You were smart to get the wood stock option. The synthetic ones are flexy, flimsy, cheap pieces of junk. I had to pillar bed mine to get it to shoot worth a damn, and pillar bedding a Patriot into a plastic stock is not something I care to do again.
  4. Uncle_Bambi

New Patriot owner

All of my hunting outer wear have zippered slash pockets on the left breast. That's where I keep mine.
  5. Uncle_Bambi

A final solution to Problem 1 was found, that eliminated the need for a shim. I had shimmed the rear of the scope as the Mossberg tech suggested, to test-fix the issue. It worked but I wasn't happy about it, but I left it at that for the time being. A couple of weeks ago, I happened across a...
  6. Uncle_Bambi

Did a bit more stock work, re-checked for zero. Not a lot of money into this gun, but WAAAAAY too many hours to get it to shoot right. I'll think twice before buying another Mossberg product. The fact that according to their tech support that is expected and that I need to shim a scope to make...
  7. Uncle_Bambi

Just wanted to add to the database a bit, regarding my experience with a brand new Patriot in 6.5 Creedmoor that I bought myself for Christmas. I wanted something inexpensive that I could tinker with, and boy did I get that - in spades. Out of the box and brand new, the gun shot for crap...
  8. Uncle_Bambi

Pillar bedding a patriot

I appreciate your reply, and pointer to the other thread/forum. I'm going to go ahead and dive into this project, as the NIB Mossberg Patriot I bought doesn't shoot for sh!t. I sure hope pillar bedding helps some, or else I'm stuck with a real pig of a gun.
  9. Uncle_Bambi

Pillar bedding a patriot

I know this is an old thread, but in case you're still around, a question.... What diameter is your rear pillar, and what diameter hole did you drill? I ask, because I don't see a lot of meat around the screw hole. I'm getting ready to pillar bed mine, and your pictures helped me quite a bit...
Back