• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S.R. Crawford

Refinishing a 500 Barrel

Good day, I'm in the market for an 18.5" barrel for my 500, and I'm seeing a lot of the ones available used are the older blued finish. My gun is parkerized matte black. Are there any techniques you all recommend for finishing the barrel to match? I think a rattlecan will hold up fine if I...
  2. S.R. Crawford

What's going on with the Canadian Convoy?

I'm a little behind on current events, can someone explain what's going on with Trudeau?
  3. S.R. Crawford

Coyote Hunting CA

Lately I've been thinking about getting into coyote hunting, and I was looking to see if anyone on here had any experience and advice to offer. My longarm is a Mossberg 500 12ga with a 28" barrel. For visibility I'll be putting a red gunlight on it after Christmas. Ammo is my first issue. CA...
  4. S.R. Crawford

Need Light Recommendations

I've been thinking about putting a light on my M500 but I need some suggestions. I'm looking to just mount a handheld flashlight to my forend, seems like a lot of the "tactical" lights available have a lot of features I don't need and don't want to pay for. Aesthetically speaking I'm trying to...
  5. S.R. Crawford

Adding a Rear Sight to an M500- Bead Sight Upgrade Experiment

I kinda didn't want to make an entire thread for this but I don't know where else to put this. I'm working on adding a little rear ring sight to my M500 to work with my bead. The idea is to have something small enough that I can ignore it when wing shooting, but gives me a little something...
  6. S.R. Crawford

Heat Shielding a 28" Vent Ribbed Barrel?

Most heat shields are designed for barrels without vent ribs, I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to add some protection to a vent ribbed barrel? I just need a bit around the sides to keep from brushing up against it on the range. If nothing like this exists I'm open to design...
  7. S.R. Crawford

The Future of At-Home Gunbuilding

Had an interesting conversation about this over at The Everyday Marksman, kinda wanted to see some of your thoughts on it. I forget exactly how the conversation got started, but at some point I mentioned how I've kind of wanted to get into gunsmithing and design my own guns and parts since high...
  8. S.R. Crawford

My Filipino Knife Collection

I picked up some new items today so I was taking pictures for Instagram, decided I should probably show off a little. I'm not Filipino but my Grandma spent a lot of time in the Phillipines when she was in the Peace Corps and brought most of these back. I also tend to collect a lot of knives in...
  9. S.R. Crawford

Cheap Ebay Lasers- Yea or Nay?

I bought some of these stupid little Ebay laser sights a while back for another hobby of mine, I put one on a Nerf gun for kicks. The other one is still kicking around in storage somewhere. I took one to a game recently and it's actually kinda cool, I did have to add some loctite to get it to...
  10. S.R. Crawford

MSA Ultra Elite Respirator (MSA Firehawk)

I'm not sure how many people on here are still too interested in this kind of thing but I'm gonna throw this out here anyway in case someone finds it useful. A number of months ago I picked up a used MSA Ultra Elite firefighting respirator on Ebay. I paid about $45 and it happened to come with...
  11. S.R. Crawford

Battle Belts and Web Gear

I've always been a fan of web gear. They're great for guys like me who can't afford plates, and I've always thought they distribute weight more efficiently than a chest rig. Plus they do better in the heat. I finished a new web gear setup this afternoon. It's designed for my Mossberg 500 but...
  12. S.R. Crawford

Camouflage for Various Environments (The Camouflage Thread)

Most of us here use camo for one purpose or another. Many of us hunt, some of us like looking awesome at the range, others are fully prepared to wage a guerilla war if necessary. Whatever the reason, it can be cool and useful to have. Here in the state of California we have a somewhat...
  13. S.R. Crawford

CBRN Defense

CBRN, previously called NBC, stands for Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear. In short, it encompasses the variety of threats that require a gas mask. A CBRN event alone constitutes a serious SHTF scenario in anyone's book, and in an otherwise unrelated SHTF scenario there is a high...
  14. S.R. Crawford

Vintage Folding Knife ID

This has been my EDC for the past two years or so. A colleague gifted it to my grandfather decades ago and he eventually gave it to me. It shows some wear but I manage to keep a good edge on it and it's pretty robust. The blade is just shy of 4 inches with a lug on the spine that I don't...
  15. S.R. Crawford

Mossberg 500 Bird Hunter Custom

I originally got into shotguns because the State of California restricts long gun sales to people under the age of 21. I think I was 18 when I bought this gun, I've had it for about 2 years now going on 3. It was originally a Mossberg 500 Field bought new from Bass Pro Shops in Rancho...
  16. S.R. Crawford

MOLLE II/ALICE Shotshell Belt- Low Profile Ammo Rig

I saw something somewhere about using MOLLE grenade pouches to carry shotshells. I have an old Iraq War FLC with a few on it so I gave it a go. I found I could fit up to twelve 12ga shotshells in one of the older style pouches but the snap closure is a real PITA to snap shut on a bunch of...
  17. S.R. Crawford

Hello from Southern California

Yep you read that right. I was born and raised behind enemy lines near LA yet I remain a staunch conservative, much to the chagrin of a lot of people I don't talk to. And believe me: I don't like our current governor any more than you do. I just got my AS in Commercial Aviation from Mt. San...
Back