• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Troubleshooting

A follow-up to my earlier posts... Mossberg took the rifle back and corrected the problems. 1) Rifling had been damaged (presumably during manufacturing, since I had never fired it and it was purchased new). 2) Bolt issue was caused by some kind of small chunk/scrape in the chamber. Mossberg...
  2. D

Mossberg has the rifle at their facility now. rj - the cases weren't sticking, the bolt was binding. This wasn't stiffness due to break-in, this was mechanical binding. 130 and 140 grain loads experienced poor accuracy. 150 grain loads were tumbling at 30 yards - the worst scope or mounting job...
  3. D

Here is a picture. This was at about 33 yards
  4. D

I bought a 4x4 in .270WSM a couple of years ago and never shot it. Took it out today and had some issues. Checked zero at around 35 yards. First round, couldn't get the bolt retracted. Got it handle up, but wouldn't pull back, handle wouldn't even go down. Kept messing around and finally got...
Back