• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. H

MAYBE there is just a glimmer of light?

Went looking for mini shells for the shockwave today at 3 local stores and was surprised at the amount of shotgun ammo I saw on the shelves. One store had multiple skids full of cases of target/clay loads. Unfortunately 2 of the stores still have high prices on most of it. One had the Federal...
  2. H

Wood Furniture - Black Aces vs. Ebay Thai Wood (Burma Padauk, Walnut)

Thank you. I think it will look pretty good once it has aged and been beaten up some.
  3. H

Wood Furniture - Black Aces vs. Ebay Thai Wood (Burma Padauk, Walnut)

Maybe an owner with the Thai furniture can post their info here and we could use this thread for reference. The height of the forend is virtually the same. The BAT is 1.5” longer. The profile taper and length of the grip is virtually the same. The width of the forend is virtually the same...
  4. H

1985 Mossberg 500 compared to today's 590

I’m having the same problem with the action on my new Shockwave. I disassembled, cleaned, and lubed it, but it didn’t really help. Two months ago, when I couldn’t find a Shockwave, I bought a new 590 Cruiser. The action on that works great. While the Shockwave was apart, my cartridge stop...
  5. H

Dreaded stiff safety.....

Thanks again Motocrash. Like you, I had the ball sitting on the red dot, some gunk, and a safety screw that came out a little too easily. No scratch though.
  6. H

Sincere thanks to the both of you for the welcome and the advice. I’m not going to send it back. I’ll break it down completely and get it set up properly. To be honest I didn’t even want the FDE finish to begin with. Certainly didn’t want to pay more for it. I’ll only buy from local...
  7. H

Thanks for posting this. Just picked up a Shockwave. Got home, pushed the safety forward..seemed tight. Pulled it back..still tight. And that’s where it stopped. It won’t budge after only one back-and-forth. I planned on changing the safety, so if that was the only issue I’d be fine. But..I...
Back