• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Mirameiah

original vs new 500's

as stated in my welcome thread, i do have an original mossy 500, early 1960's. it's been rebarrelled with an accu-choke barrel. stating that, ignoring the foreend action bar (which mine is a single bar), are the recievers the same as newer 500's if i wanted to mount something simple like a side...
  2. Mirameiah

Hello from northern Texas!

the barrel on the other side says the standard MOSSBERG logo, chambered in 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells, 28 inch accu-choke. the Mossberg lettering is the newer kind, rather than the straight down G in that ad, and on the underside of my shotgun. i also haven't seen the replacement barrel for it...
  3. Mirameiah

that one is very close to mine, but mine has a ribbed barrel. i will get pics soon. EDIT: this site is going to have to get used to. doesn't give me any indication they are uploaded, lol. also, as in one of the pictures, my barrel has a P in two circles, anyone have any idea what that means...
  4. Mirameiah

so i inherited my grandfather's Mossberg 500A, he used it to turkey hunt. it's an original model 500A from the early 1960's, single action arm, jeweled bolt, fancy wood stock, no serial number, the whole 9 yards. i came here to gain as much info about it as i could, as well as other things. it's...
Back