• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. barber8605

New 4x4 30-06

Glad to hear it is operational. Happy shooting!
  2. barber8605

New 4x4 30-06

I would give them a call and see where your part is?
  3. barber8605

Value of ATR

I am thinking of selling my ATR in 30-06. It is an older model before the LBA and fluted barrels. It has a Nikon 3-9-40 on it. Curious what is the going rate on these rifles? It has less than 20 rounds through it and would come with what ammo I have for it. Thanks for the advice.
  4. barber8605

Duck Hunting

Re: Choke for duck hunting I was thinking about getting the Kicks High Flyer choke in Modified I will be shooting over decoys so shots will be somewhat close. I also will be using cheap steel shot to see if I like the sport before switching to hevi shot.
  5. barber8605

Duck Hunting

Choke for duck hunting I have a model 500 that im gonna use for duck hunting. Is there a certain choke anyone likes to use for waterfowl hunting and any ammo that they prefer and why?
  6. barber8605

New 4x4 30-06

Let us know how it goes when you go back to the range.
  7. barber8605

New 4x4 30-06

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/160135 ... soft-point I personally havent tried them but would be worth trying so you can get comfortable with your rifle.
  8. barber8605

New 4x4 30-06

Glad to hear it. Might want to try managed recoil rounds as well till you get used to shooting a rifle.
  9. barber8605

Good trade?

sounds like an easy trade then.
  10. barber8605

Good trade?

I second that.
  11. barber8605

New 4x4 30-06

If the recoil is making you flinch before you shoot that will affect accuracy quite a bit. If the rifle needs to be replaced I would recommend going down in caliber will help make it better to shoot a 308 is almost the same ballistics of the 30-06 with less recoil. Could also go lower and will...
  12. barber8605

Members of Mossberg Owners, Post Pics of Your Self!

Me and my german shepherd.
  13. barber8605

Supreme Court strikes down Stolen Valor Act

Its a sad day in america. I feel like they should have just spit in all the men and women faces who served and actually earned their awards. I havent earned any crazy awards since I have been in but I am proud of what I do have.
  14. barber8605

New 4x4 30-06

I have an ATR in 30-06 and tried to force it to shoot Hornady SST but it wouldnt group nice enough for me but the cheap winchester super x in 180Gr it loves. Hornady was about a 3" group at 100 and the winchester was right around 1". So try different ammo that you think you want to use in it...
  15. barber8605

Compound Bow: Pics and Discussion

I was in the same boat about 4 years ago. I went to a family reunion and was staying with my uncle I shot his bow and the next day we were at the archery shop I bought the bow I have now it was used and got it for $100. The best part was the guy set it up for me and gave me a huge discount on...
  16. barber8605

1911: Pics and Discussion

Thanks LES I was leaning towards the Springer due to the adjustable sights I like hitting where I aim and not using kentucky windage although it works when you have to use it.
  17. barber8605

Compound Bow: Pics and Discussion

Appreciate it LES. Still trying to improve luckily for me when im in Alaska during the summer it dont get dark till about midnight and later. So many hours after work can be spent slinging arrows.
  18. barber8605

Hopefully LES will shed some insight on which he likes better and why?
  19. barber8605

Mossberg 4X4

Go to Mossberg.com and click on the 4x4 and you can scroll through the pictures and you can see all the different versions they have.
  20. barber8605

I am torn between getting a Springfield Range Officer and a Kimber Custom II any insight on either of these? It will be carried and home defense till i can get to the 500. Also possible side arm while hunting.
Back