• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Hammerhead100

Difference between standard SPX & Blackwater SPX?

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3933&hilit=blackwater
  2. Hammerhead100

930 SPX Wolff XP Spring Question

I have a 930 SPX w/ Wolff spring @ 28" and GG&G follower. It doesn't hand cycle very well, but is flawless when shooting. When I had the Wilson follower, I had to trim the tail down to hold all 7 shells.
  3. Hammerhead100

Breaking in a 930 SPX?

For break-in, I did 100 rounds of 2-3/4" mostly bird with some buck mixed in. As mentioned stay above 1200 FPS and clean her good before and after. Hammer
  4. Hammerhead100

New 930 SPX Observations and issues

Sounds good! Mine has been flawless after some massaging. You will love the Wolff spring. The S&J follower may have a long "tail" on it. I had to trim it down to fit all 7 shells.
  5. Hammerhead100

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Update: Progress on Urbino stock for our 930's I will definately get one of these when / if they are ever released. Mesa is already hinting that it's going to be expensive... I bet it will be ~ $175.00 I have the Knoxx GenII on my 870 and have grown very fond of the PG. It will make...
  6. Hammerhead100

Stock Magazine Follower go Bye Bye...

I was using that follower and wound up cutting about half of the tail off to be able to load all 7. Swapped it out for a GG&G follower and have been very pleased with it. http://www.gggaz.com/mossberg-930-shotgun-follower.html Hammer
  7. Hammerhead100

930 SPX first trip to the range (or "How Mike got a bruised

Re: 930 SPX first trip to the range (or "How Mike got a bru Easy to get a near mirror finish, especially inside the barrel. When I say oil the tube, I meant oil and then wipe it down good. You are just leaving a very light surface film. In normal usage, not much dirt and dust will actually...
  8. Hammerhead100

Re: 930 SPX first trip to the range (or "How Mike got a bru I wrapped one end of a hardwood dowel with the steel wool pad and chucked it up in my cordless drill. The diameter was a little larger than the inside diameter of the extension tube and the mag tube. Then I ran it through both...
  9. Hammerhead100

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

I'm not too sure about trimming the factory spring down to 28". The Wolff should be around 26" to 28", but it is MUCH stiffer than the stock spring. I think mine came with about a 36" spring and the accepted process is just trim one coil off at a time and test until everything works...ymmv Hammer
  10. Hammerhead100

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX with AFG I recently installed the AFG 1 using this post as a guide. It turned out very nice and feels solid as a rock. Not a big fan of the railed forends available for this gun personally. Hammer
  11. Hammerhead100

Re: 930 SPX first trip to the range (or "How Mike got a bru I installed a 28" Wolff XP spring and a GG&G follower. No problems since. I may eventually change out the extension tube, but mine is straight and is functioning fine at the moment. I did polish all of the internals with 000 steel...
  12. Hammerhead100

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

Hey in Step 7 the "flat nut" on the left is upside down. Just sayin...
  13. Hammerhead100

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Mossberg 930 SPX with AFG Millsusaf, I really like this mod and was wondering... is everything nice and sturdy when tightened down? My concern is that there may not be enough "meat" there after drilling and countersinking the mounting holes. Just want to be sure that the forend doesn't...
  14. Hammerhead100

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: 930SPX..........Finally got to shoot it! LeMat, it's good to here your positive review. People are more likely to post negative comments on message boards it seems. I want to echo what you are saying. I have put about 250 various rounds through my Gen 3 930 SPX. Nothing under 1200 FPS and...
  15. Hammerhead100

Recomended Amo for the range and home defense

I recently purchased a case (250 shells) of Remington Game Loads for the range. I got them for $70 at Dick's Sporting Goods. Although just a little more pricey than Wally World bulk pack Feds or Winnys, I know these are going to perform flawlessly in this gun every time. They are also black so...
  16. Hammerhead100

What IS tactical?

Here is the definition of tacticool lol
  17. Hammerhead100

Mag Spring Question

First, thanks for the warm welcome guys! So far I have torn her down and given a good cleaning and lubrication. Pretty gunky in there... Tube extension is straight w/ no burrs. Polished interior with 000 steel wool and then light Rem-oiled. Using 12 ga. snap caps: Stock spring and follower...
  18. Hammerhead100

Mag Spring Question

Hi all! First post and new to your fine forum. I just bought a 930 SPX 8-shot yesterday and have been reading as much as I can here. Lots of good info. I'm seeing alot of talk about binding mag springs / followers. I've been down that same road with a couple of 870's and all was solved with a...
Back