• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

Concealed Carry Discussion: Tips and Tricks

@cecil88 - look into the flash bang bra holster for your wife. People rave about them. Thanks for serving battle.
  2. M

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

New guy here from Missouri. My SN is just because Im a soldier and live in Missouri. MO works for Mossberg owners too, but not what I intended lol.
  3. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock Problem solved! I just bent that rod by hand to get it to fit properly. The places where those rods were making contact are chewed up, but hopefully that won't cause any future problems. If it does, I just know I need to grind those small ramps down, or just...
  4. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock I don't have all of those fancy tools you speak of. I will get it done with pliers lol
  5. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock Ok, so I had a brainstorm. Everyone PLEASE look at your model 500s for me. Does your's look like this: I think it SHOULD! The slide bars should push the shell retainer to the side when you pull the forearm fully rearward. I discovered that without FORCING...
  6. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock Completely disassembled the weapon. It is still jamming! There wasn't much crud to clean out, just "old" you know? Considering it has very few rounds through it, but has never been cleaned like that since 2001 when I got it. I'm including a picture. It almost...
  7. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock I googled it. Hopefully some videos I uncovered will be helpful.
  8. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock More bad news... I tried the Federal Target loads, same results. THEN I tried my Remington rounds that I've never experience problems with before, although, I've never taken this shotgun through to ringer like my SD weapons go through to prove themselves. It...
  9. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock Oh I didn't quite understand. I wasn't thinking of faulty manufacturing of the shells. I was thinking in terms of the gun. Man, I hope they are just bum rounds, and not the gun, OR this type of load. I really want to run them in my gun.
  10. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

Re: Bad News - Federal Vital Shock I have some federal target loads to try out when I have some time later. Other than that, Remington always ran well through it. If it is faulty manufacturing, it'd have to be the bbl since that is what I added, but that shouldn't affect chambering as far as I...
  11. M

Bent Shell Retaining Rod

So some of you know of me from my recent mossy 500 mods. I never had any issues with it before, but now when I cycle Federal Vital Shock slugs, and Power Shock Buckshot, they eject fine, but don't get chambered every pump. It consistently takes 2 pumps to chamber the next round, and a few times...
  12. M

My Mossberg 500A Tactical Mods

I will let you guys know. Tuesday or Wednesday next week! please give me some feedback here guys. This is my first modification/tactical endeavor.
  13. M

Additional Comment to post additional pictures.
  14. M

Ok, so I stuck with my Mossberg 500A to tac mod, as I was considering buying a new Maverick 88 and leaving that stock instead. Going with my Mossberg, I saved roughly $100, and I think I'm much more pleased with my results so far. This is what I added: Modifications for $190 included: Stock...
  15. M

New member, 11 year Mossberg 500A owner

What part of Mo Mingaa?
  16. M

Thank you Ross. And thanks for the great information too! That has calmed my nerves substantially. I'll be getting the stock and barrel tomorrow, the gist of my mods, and will know for sure. I cant wait! Even though it will be a biy of an ugly duckling. Maybe I could get it recoated some day...
  17. M

Oh, and with the Dow rod removed, it holds 5+1 with the stock magazine tube. That would be important to know lol.
  18. M

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I tried to attach a picture of my stock shotgun, but it said that the .jpg and .png is invalid. Maybe the server is just acting up or something. I looked for a separate model number but could only find what looked like the serial number. But maybe some fine...
  19. M

Thanks for your input Paul. I did something similar. As I was shopping around, no barrels said they only fit certain 500's or required additional add ons, so I didn't think twice about it. It wad only after I ordered the barrel that I saw something negative about it somewhere on this forum...
  20. M

Hello guys! I'm excited to be a member of this forum. I'm also an active member of kahrtalk.com and they're a great group. I am enlisted, US Army, and a surgical tech. I own a Marlin 30/30. I want a tactical rifle. I own and EDC a Kahr PM9. I am an expert marksman with the Army on M16 and...
Back