• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Marvel

Model 185D-B. Where's my serial number?

I don't know what year it is. The gun metal looks old, but it's got a plastic type trigger guard.
  2. Marvel

Model 185D-B. Where's my serial number?

Do I need to take it apart? It's my annual serial number writing down day and I don't have this one on the list.
  3. Marvel

Shockwave "stock" on a 590?

Thanks. Ya looked that up and it seems as though one grip ($25) will fit both. I don't know for sure, but I doubt that 590 with an 18" barrel will make 26", but that's just a guess.
  4. Marvel

Shockwave "stock" on a 590?

Hypothetically....Just curious...Can I put one of those birds feet (whatever they're called) on a standard 590? Not that I'm really inclined to do that, but say I wanted to take the weapon on a road trip or something where a shorter version might be more desirable. Instead of buying an entire...
  5. Marvel

Aquila mini shells

Check out the video below. They used full length rounds, but the mini shell might work out better.
  6. Marvel

Aquila mini shells

Waiting on someone to come out with a handgun that will handle those shells. Might be already, I don't know. Now THAT would be a "self defense" weapon!
  7. Marvel

Aquila mini shells

But what about after, say, 50 ft? Has any testing been done on different ranges?
  8. Marvel

Can I cut the barrel off?

That looks like what I'd like to do. I guess I'll put the hacksaw away. Maybe find someone that knows what they're doing.
  9. Marvel

Well I just pulled it off and measured it. Muzzle to breech is 26 inches. Breech to where I WANT to cut it off is 16.5 inches. Time to reevaluate. Suckbutt feds. I searched through the headings on your posts and didn't see anything regarding barrel shortening. Maybe they only go back so far.
  10. Marvel

My 590 is listed at 18 inches (on the box). The Maverick 88 that I want to shorten is much longer.
  11. Marvel

And that measurement is from where the barrel meets the receiver to the end of the muzzle, correct? My 590 is listed as an 18 inch barrel, but if I measure it when removed it has a length of 20 inches, installed it is 18 inches muzzle to receiver.
  12. Marvel

Hi ya I've got a Maverick 88 20 gage. It's got a long barrel with the rib and 2 bead sights on it. Any reason that I can't stick it through a band saw or something and shorten the barrel to just in front of the first bead? I've just got it as a home defense type weapon. 590 up stair and the 88...
  13. Marvel

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

590 Crimsontrace sidesaddle green laser. Streamlight racker. Nightsight on front end. Esstac cards, one is slugs, other buckshot. Don't plan on carrying it around with both on there, just to keep the rounds where the weapon is. Home defense load: First 2 are rubber, rest are #8 shot so that it...
  14. Marvel

Aquila mini shells

I banged a box out of my 590 last week. Slugs. Also at 25 yards. Really couldn't tell which hit where, wadding or slug, because they both hit at the same time. No feeding issues with the adapter. Very low recoil, compared to 2 3/4 inch. I'm curious to see how much drywall they'll go through...
  15. Marvel

Elevator seems to be stopping unload

Well I guess my mind was in the right place yesterday because that is what I did. Filed the front hump down a little at a time. Didn't know about the other part, so maybe next time. I'll have to find some touch up bluing, got some in the garage but it's super old. In the meantime I'll just keep...
  16. Marvel

The shell won't come over the elevator. The elevator will not depress, it is resting on the bolt slide. I prefer to unload the proper way. Safetys can fail and accidents can happen. I'd hate to tell my wife why I've got to replace a thermopane window or patch holes in the wall or buy a new dog.
  17. Marvel

Well. I disassembled it. I set the elevator on a flat surface, it sat straight, both legs on the surface and no rocking or any other indicators. Reassembled and it's still the same. Going to try to put some thumbnails on here, if they end up in the correct order it should be Fully back, halfway...
Back