• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Marvel

Model 185D-B. Where's my serial number?

Do I need to take it apart? It's my annual serial number writing down day and I don't have this one on the list.
  2. Marvel

Shockwave "stock" on a 590?

Hypothetically....Just curious...Can I put one of those birds feet (whatever they're called) on a standard 590? Not that I'm really inclined to do that, but say I wanted to take the weapon on a road trip or something where a shorter version might be more desirable. Instead of buying an entire...
  3. Marvel

Can I cut the barrel off?

Hi ya I've got a Maverick 88 20 gage. It's got a long barrel with the rib and 2 bead sights on it. Any reason that I can't stick it through a band saw or something and shorten the barrel to just in front of the first bead? I've just got it as a home defense type weapon. 590 up stair and the 88...
  4. Marvel

Elevator seems to be stopping unload

So whats up with this? Everything to feed and eject ok. It's just when I press the shell stop, stuff don't come down and out.
  5. Marvel

Metal Heat Shield?

I've got a 590 with a 20" (muzzle end to breach end) barrel. Looking for a metal heat shield. I can find plastic ones all over. Mossberg is 0 balance. Thoughts? Yeah, it's mainly for looks.
  6. Marvel

Streamlight Racker

Put one on my 590 yesterday. Sucker lights up my entire back yard. Still see the green laser. WARNING: do NOT be looking at the light and accidentally press that button! I had to sit down for a few minutes and wait for my vision to return.
  7. Marvel

Mossberg 590. I put this together wrong?

Hey ya. Just got the gun, and like all that I get the first thing I do (after safety review) is learn disassembly, cleaning, lubrication and reassembly. Might not have done this one right, but it's the same each try. Note that lug on the top of the bolt assy. I don't remember seeing it like that...
  8. Marvel

ESSTAC cards...wondering..

How long one can keep shells in them before the elastic wear out? I bought 3. I'm planning on keeping the one on the boomstick loaded up as they do no good empty. The other 2 on stand-by. Anyone experience how long the elastic will remain tight? Hard as hell to get the shells in when new. I got...
  9. Marvel

Need advise on a sling setup, 590

Hey ya There are so many choices out there that I am probly confusing myself researching. 6 (2 3/4") round tube. Wanting a sling setup where the side of the weapon will lay flat against my chubby lil body when slung. 2 point. Primarily a HD weapon, but may need to take on excursions when the...
  10. Marvel

Hello! Clarksville, TN.

Hi all. Hoping this forum is alive and kicking! I've had a Maverick 88 20 gauge for a while and just got a 590. Working on some upgrades for home defense/invasion use. First was the Crimson Trace side saddle, next the TL Racker. Be looking for sling and shell card recommends. Take care!
Back