• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. thorgodofthunder

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Raptor Pistol Grip some interesting reading on that site pertaining to the use of the Raptor pistol grip with a factory Mossberg 14" barrel on a pistol grip only Mossberg to make a shotgun 26.5 inches oal with no paperwork or tax stamps. Hmm...
  2. thorgodofthunder

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

Re: Another 500A added to my collection My receiver just says model 500 with the little registered logo. No A, it is 12 ga though. I have seen other Mossies marked 500A that were 12 as well.
  3. thorgodofthunder

Lever Guns

thanks LES! I wish it was in better shape, but I paid $150 for it, which I feel is a good deal. I also got to help an unemployed friend with the money situation, also important. My dad has always talked about Henry rifles and how nice they are for as long as I can remember, but he has never...
  4. thorgodofthunder

Lever Guns

speaking of Henry lever action .22s, I just picked this H001 up today. I definitely don't have to worry about scratching it, or accidentally removing some bluing, because the previous owner took care of that. It does not appear to have ever been cleaned. Remarkably there is hardly any rust...
  5. thorgodofthunder

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Sims LimbSaver Slip-On Recoil Pad on Mossy 500 I just want to repeat I love this thing...went thru 30 3" shells today, slugs and turkey loads. not even a red mark on my shoulder! I also tried it on my .308, put 40 rounds through it as well. Highly recommended!
  6. thorgodofthunder

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Can I shoot Flares I have shot the dragon's breath shells from the link above, and they are labeled for flare use. However anything it touches will burn including wet grass & metal, and asphalt. I think they have a high magnesium content. So there is that to consider. Don't want to be...
  7. thorgodofthunder

Re: Sims LimbSaver Slip-On Recoil Pad on Mossy 500 I like mine, especially shooting 3" 00 buck before and after. The extra LOP I like, as well. The only nag I have with them is the substance is so grippy it will get caught on all kinds of stuff.
  8. thorgodofthunder

Bolt Action Rifles

Sneaky, thank you. I do like stainless guns, both my Marlin and now this, are ss. I am a machinist and can appreciate stainless steel in guns. The Remington is advertised as being made of 416, which is heat treatable but not as corrosion resistant as other stainless steels. It is a tough metal...
  9. thorgodofthunder

Will you ever feel that your gun collection is complete?

I don't know, because mine is just starting. I would guess not since I have also been on a firearm purchasing spree as well. Just picked up a Remington 700 last weekend, I am up to 3 long guns need more pistols in the stable. I kind of want a Desert Eagle in .44 mag. Just the blued version...
  10. thorgodofthunder

Bolt Action Rifles

Had been thinking about getting a .308, and cheap is always good, but I like new. I am also a sucker for stainless which doesn't help. My friend called me and said he was at Dick's sporting goods and they had a sale on Savage rifles packaged with the Nikon scope, so I drove up there to check 'em...
  11. thorgodofthunder

ADJUSTABLE POWER: Rimfire Scope Options

Lazy- that simmons scope still holding up well? I was thinking about ordering the same one for my Marlin .22wmr, everything I have read online makes it sound like a good scope for a good price.
  12. thorgodofthunder

Re: How can I reduce the recoil on my Tactical Persuader? what loads were you shooting? the cheap target loads do not have much recoil at all.
  13. thorgodofthunder

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

Re: Replacing a Safety Block -Problems Funny you say that...first time shooting my 500 with the Brownell's metal safety this past weekend, and after the 8th winchester SuperX 3" 00 buck, there were metal parts rattling around inside my buttstock (synthetic, obviously). WTF? :?: Had a...
  14. thorgodofthunder

Bolt Action Rifles

Just picked this little gem up at the gun show this weekend. Very accurate! Marlin 982VS chambered in .22 WMR, 22" stainless bull barrel
  15. thorgodofthunder

Wound dressing: road rash (warning- graphic pics inside)

So I'm guessing you guys weren't wearing any protective riding gear? Bello looks like you were maybe wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Bsipes, I am guessing no helmet or an open face? Riding on the street is a war zone. They are out to get you (they being anything with more than 2 wheels)...
  16. thorgodofthunder

1911: Pics and Discussion

thank you guys! Don't tell my mossy but if I had to sell one of my guns under some dire circumstance, it would be the first to go. I love the historical background of the Colt, even if it was "ruined." Not to mention, the chrome plating was pretty nicely done, I'm sure it cost a pretty penny...
  17. thorgodofthunder

1911: Pics and Discussion

here is my first pistol, a 1942 G.I. Colt that had been "modified" before I got it. :cry: At least I don't have to live with the guilt of having that done Admittedly, I think it looks good the way it is, especially with the new grips I just got. Did I mention....it shoots like a dream!
  18. thorgodofthunder

Mossberg 500 50th Anniversary Edition

huh, i have never heard that finish referred to as "jeweled" always as machine-turned learn something new every day :D edit: derrrr forgot to mention that is a fine looking shotgun!
  19. thorgodofthunder

safety replacement question

hey all, I just replaced the stock safety button on my 500 with the Brownells heat treated steel button. When it is in the "fire" position, you can push the rear of the button down maybe .040-.050", almost like the button isn't seated all the way. The detent spring seems to push the button up...
  20. thorgodofthunder

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

here are a few more pics of mine, apparently a Davidson's exclusive.
Back