• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Troubleshooting

I just got back from the range. I shot 40 rounds without a problem. All the rounds were loaded in a magazine. Only future outings will tell, but hopefully the problem is solved. Thanks again for your input.
  2. M

Thanks Lazy Eyed Sniper. I'll let you know how it goes.
  3. M

I've been having an occasional jamming issue with my .308 4x4. Since I've only shot it as a single (dropping one round on top of the magazine and closing the bolt) could this be causing the round to misalign and locking the bolt? When I cycle a full magazine I don't have the problem. I'm taking...
  4. M

I'm still trying to figure out why the extractor broke on my .308 4 x 4. Since I was new with this caliber, I bought the cheapest unfired Win brass I could find. About 5 out of every 50 cases has a problem being inserted to my Lee Auto Prime shellholder. I have force a few and reloaded them and...
  5. M

4x4 model 2012 skeletonized stock

wacio, Could yo tell me what the specific problem was with the extractor and if they made a fix. My gun was manufactured in May 2011 according to Mossberg. Could the replacement parts I received be an upgrade?
  6. M

4x4 model 2012 skeletonized stock

My .308 which I just got last month has the skeltonize synthetic stock even though the picture in the on-line catalog does not show it. The catalog also shows a muzzle break which mine did not come with. When I check with Davidson's they said that Mossberg has not updated their on-line...
  7. M

Re: .308 extractor issue Well, Mossberg (aka Maverick Arms) sent the new extractor and it only took a week. Pretty good service! It looks like a simple install so I'm back in the game an anxious to see what this rifle will do.
  8. M

.308 extractor issue I just got a new 4x4 in .038 with scope. It shoots great with the right ammo. I have a shot a less that 1" group (5 rounds all touching) using 37.0 g Varget pushing 150 Hornady BTFMJ. I really like the gun and want it to work. However, the extractor came out with my last...
Back