• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

how do the speed shooters get there guns to run light loads?

Re: how do the speed shooters get there guns to run light lo I guess I got lucky, mine runs load I run through it. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  2. M

Extending a blade

IF it can be welded, have them put a full tang on it. Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
  3. M

Range Bags and Carry Cases

I use a LA Police Gear jumbo bail out bag. http://www.lapolicegear.com/jumbo-bailout-bag.html It works great and it also doubles as a 3-gun bag. The only thing I wish it had was a wider opening. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  4. M

What Pistol Do You Carry?

I typically carry a Kahr CW9, a Kahr PM9 or a G19 depending on the situation. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  5. M

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: New SPX and owner new to semi-auto shotguns Welcome to the site. Here is how it should work. With the bolt closed, load the tube. Then you pull the bolt handle back all the way and release it. That should pull a round out of the tube, put it on the lifter and then push it into the...
  6. M

Where to buy a Mossberg 930 or 930 SPX?

Re: Waiting on an SPX Welcome to the site! The box should have a manufactured date on it. Maybe they will look it up and tell you. You could also probably get the serial number and Mossberg may tell you the production date. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  7. M

Reloading goal - Low recoil slug

Re: Reloading goal - Low recoil slug Good points, thanks. You are right, shooting for load testing HAS to be a completely different thing than normal shooting.
  8. M

Discussion Of Your Mossberg 3 Gun Setup...

I shoot in the tac-limited division and run a 930 SPX with an 18" barrel. I really don't see the benefit of a longer barrel for the distances we are shooting. The only mods I have done so far is a GG&G hi vis follower, a Brownells ext. safety and added a rail to the forearm for a Magpul AFG...
  9. M

Re: Reloading goal - Low recoil slug Thanks! Is there any concern regarding if the load is too light as it pertains to chamber pressure? For instance, if the load is too light and the slug does not make it out of the barrel, all that pressure instead of going out the barrel is now solely...
  10. M

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: 930 SPX Shell lifter stuck Definitely send it back, that is not normal. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  11. M

930 gas piston

The only issue I could see with that would be because of poor maintenance and lack of planning. My 930 has been solid and is a great shooter. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  12. M

What's your beverage of choice?

Water Milk Beer/wine/mixed drinks Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  13. M

Re: Reloading goal - Low recoil slug Thanks for replying, that sounds like a solid plan. Oli, what reloading manual do you recommend that has slug data in it? Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  14. M

I have been using Winchester Ranger 1oz low recoil slugs for 3-gun competitions and have good success with then. I am using a Mossberg 930 SPX (smooth barrel) and need a decently accurate, low recoil ~1200fps recipe out to 100 yards. I am planning on using Lee 1oz slugs but everything else is...
  15. M

930 Magazine Spring Survey

1. Can you load seven 2 3/4" shells in your 930 SPX - Yes 1A. If "Yes", what is the length of the spring and what kind of ammo. - Factory length and various kinds of ammo, all has worked. 2. Can you load seven 3" shells in your 930 SPX - N/A, have not tried nor do I plan to. 3. Are you using...
  16. M

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: positioning light clamp? With possibly the exception of a SBS and a Surefire forend/light combo I think lighting on a shotgun is a very difficult thing for most people to deploy. The long LOP, the fact that you have to activate the pump yet still get to the light activation method, and the...
  17. M

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Brand New Mossberg 930 Owner we have a problem Good luck! Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  18. M

red dot recomendations

Unless you want to buy multiple red dots or plan to just put it on there and never shoot it I would not go less than a Primary Arms dot. They offer a good product at a good price and support it after the sale. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  19. M

Magpul Gauging Interest RE: Mossberg Furniture/Accessories

If you are on Facebook swing by Magpul, they are gauging interest of expanding their shotgun furniture/accessories line to Mossberg as well. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?v=feed&filter=2&id=123085681037123&refid=17 Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  20. M

Breaking in a 930 SPX?

I think it would be very interesting to see what the difference your gun was/is shooting on a chrono before and after the porting job given the same round. My gun runs low recoil and even Federal bulk pack just fine which is way under 1300fps. I guess what I am trying to saw is I wonder how...
Back