• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. andrew678122

I take my 464 SPX to the range

I've thought about that, but I think it's probably just me. I'm 69 and though the desire to put the bullets where they're supposed to go hasn't changed, the ability to do so has. I find that if I force myself, I can keep my groups consistent, it's only when I relax...
  2. andrew678122

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

Re: 464 sight choices Hey there, I'd like to hear your report on how they worked. They look good...
  3. andrew678122

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Re: Just some more pics of my 464 ZMB That is one nice looking gun. The UTG Leapers scope is solid, very well made. I have the same scope on mine, but with the circle dot reticle. I wish I had held out for the cross-hair reticle, the central dot is too large on the circle dot reticle. I later...
  4. andrew678122

Latest range trip

Thanks nitesite, the object of it all is to have fun and I'm certainly doing that. We chatted a while ago about using cast bullets. You suggested these from Midsouth: http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00051207 If I get them my price per round drops to about 22 cents, I'm going...
  5. andrew678122

Latest range trip

Thank you, but I find that I should take the credit for the flyers, and my rifle can take the credit for the rest. I've always said that in the hands of a good shooter it would be excellent. If I really concentrate and force myself to do everything right I can shoot fairly accurately. The scope...
  6. andrew678122

Latest range trip

I haven't been here for a while and I didn't want everyone to think I lost interest or anything... I've been reloading my 30-30 cases and trying to go to the range every week (more like every couple of weeks). I've decided I was getting too wrapped up trying to find the perfect load, so...
  7. andrew678122

Mossberg 464 SPX Tactical Lever Action Stocks

Re: Collapsable buttstock I decided to phostphate the ring and washer. I went to Home Depot and got some of the etch and clean, phosphoric acid solution, which is a metal, paint pretreatment. I soaked the ring and washer in it over night (after removing what plating I could with sandpaper). The...
  8. andrew678122

Collapsable buttstock I have the Mossberg 464 SPX 30-30. I also have a bipod mounted on it, since I do most of my shooting at the range. The front of the rifle is supported by the bipod so I use my left hand under the buttstock, allowing me to accurately get the sights on target and hold them...
  9. andrew678122

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Scopes, Rings, and Bases

Re: picatinney rail for my new 464 No I don't, maybe someone else here can suggest something...
  10. andrew678122

Re: picatinney rail for my new 464 Very nice, looks great...
  11. andrew678122

Re: picatinney rail for my new 464 Sounds like you might have to open a new topic...
  12. andrew678122

Re: picatinney rail for my new 464 That's great, I'd like to see a picture of it if you have the chance...
  13. andrew678122

Failure to fire

Ok, that answers that, I'll get an inertial bullet puller and see if I can reuse the components...
  14. andrew678122

Re: 464 SPX Stock It's homemade, but I see you've already found the post detailing its construction. I bought the blank picatinny rail from a seller on Amazon. Its was 10 inches or maybe a foot long for $11 shipped. That and 5 hours of labor at $25 per hour, plus sandpaper and paint means it...
  15. andrew678122

Finaly Took the Leap

Does Lyman's have load data for Speer, Hornady, Sierra, etc, as well as Hodgdon powders (including IMR and Winchester)? Is it be the one manual that has it all?
  16. andrew678122

What dies to choose?

Since I am reloading for just one rifle, my 464 SPX .30-30. I decided to go with the Lee Collet die set since all it does is resize the neck with a built in mandrel. That means the cases are fire-formed to my rifle's chamber and never get sized back to 'standard' .30-30 case specs. This will...
  17. andrew678122

Finaly Took the Leap

I've been wondering, do they sell manuals so they can sell bullets? Or do they sell bullets so they can sell manuals?
  18. andrew678122

Failure to fire

I'm still new to most of this so bear with me. I was at the range earlier this week and I have one round that refused to fire, even after repeated attemps. To my way of thinking it seems like the round is dangerous since the primer has been indented by the firing pin, it seems like just a...
  19. andrew678122

reloading and other arcane arts

I have recently decided to reload my own ammo, what could be simpler? You just have to follow the recipe and viola, sub-inch groups at 100 yards... right... I have a Mossberg 464 .30-30 and have recently gotten in to reloading. Regarding reloading data, this is what I have gleaned from the...
  20. andrew678122

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Troubleshooting

Hi there, That is a home made picatinny rail. I bought a blank piece of picatinny rail and took away everything that didn't fit my SPX. $10 for the rail from Amazon and about 10 hrs of filing and sanding etc. It's a lot of work but It does what I wanted, namely a one-piece rail that can take...
Back