• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. drthv8r

Mossberg Shockwave 12 gauge issue.

My Shockwave was just delivered back to me from being serviced at the factory. Mossberg replaced the cartridge stop and test fired my Shockwave with 6 shots, 3 2-3/4" shells and 3 3" shells, cleaned it and sent it back to me. There's no way in Hell my Shockwave could have passed QC before it...
  2. drthv8r

590 Shockwave, 1st impressions

"590 Shockwave, 1st impressions" My 1st impression is the Mossberg Shockwave sucks. I wish now that I had purchased a Remington Model 870 Tac-14, even if the Remington arrived broken right out of the box it would have the same track record of my POS Shockwave.
  3. drthv8r

Thanks Ernst my Shockwave was sent back it should be delivered to Mossberg later today. Lord only knows how long that they'll keep my brand new shotgun. I swear I wish I had purchased a Remington now, at least the Remington most likely would have worked right out of the box. I'll keep you...
  4. drthv8r

Thank you for the reply, I'm in the process of sending the shotgun back. I forgot to mention that a shell had gotten stuck in ejection process (I had to use a screwdriver to remove the shotgun shell) and pretty much rendered the shotgun useless, something I'm not about to risk my life with.
  5. drthv8r

Hello guys I just purchased a brand new Shockwave, and out of the box I'm already having issues with it. For the life of me I can't get the shotgun shells past the Cartridge Stop when trying to load the shotgun, the brass lip on the shotgun shells hangs up on the cartridge stop keeping me from...
  6. drthv8r

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

My factory spring was 37" I had to cut it down to 28" to get the mag tube to load the 7 rounds reliably. Now of course when I go to shoot it it may not function at all the way it is with the stock spring cut down as it is, but seems I read 28-30" was safe. The new Wolff spring should be in by...
  7. drthv8r

Hello Lazy and thank you for the welcome. I had no idea I was a gun smith till I took this shotgun project on...lol. The action is now smooth as butter and it loads 7 rounds each and every time, unlike before when it stopped loading at 5 rounds of 2-3/4" shells 98% of the time when new out of...
  8. drthv8r

I just purchased a brand new Mossberg 930 SPX last week. I must say that Mossberg QC leaves A LOT to be desired. First off the safely lever, it took so much pressure to switch it on and off safety I actually thought it was broken, it was like running my thumb over a cheese grater. I shot a...
Back