• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Cleaning/Maintenance

Covering Scratches What do you kids use to cover scratches in the finish of your 930's? All I can come up with is the old fashioned bluing touch-up, but it won't match the "thickness" of Mossbergs covering. :?:
  2. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Chokes...

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader - Shooting Slugs MIKE D: Now THAT just blew about 40 years of belief! :oops: I thought that the base of the slug and its rifling would expand against the smooth barrel causing it to spin. Not at all, huh? :o So then - it's okay to use rifled slugs in a...
  3. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Loading Jams Surely, this has got to be an omen that Obama will lose (thank God!), as I have found the problem! It seems that there is a slot on the underside of the bolt, approx 3/8" long, that one of the wings of the elevator hits as it rises. From this, the elevator does not go up...
  4. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Strange magazine tube problems on 930!?!?!? I tried the aluminum follower by 3G to no avail. Then, from Elite Tactical, a plastic one. Having something of a "tail" for the spring to wrap around and follow, it is much longer than factory or 3G's follower. Perhaps this tail or being made...
  5. S

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: What "Generation" Thanks! The post was quite informative. I made a phone call to Mossberg's tech dept about this very question. The guy stated that he had worked at Mossberg for "many years" and that they had no catagory of "generations." Changes come along for time to time without...
  6. S

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

What "Generation" From time to time, while reading through the posts, I come across someone mentioning the "generation" of their SPX. I remember numbers 1 through 3 having been brought up. So: 1) Is there a generation 4? If so, is it the latest? 2) How does one tell its generation...
  7. S

Re: Loading Jams I have noticed that as I am inserting a shell, the elevator has a slight "click" feel in it as it rises to its highest point. If I don't feel this click, the shell will not enter; if I do, the shell slides right in. I can not spot any kind of a burr or material that may be...
  8. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

Re: Forearm Light (Mount) By accident, I believe I have found what I have been looking for: http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm I will be using my Surefire Fury, 500 lumen light. Still looking for a pressure pad that will work with it. No picatinny rail; with or without pressure pad (using...
  9. S

Loading Jams I am at wits end! :evil: My new, unfired 930 SPX demonstrates a high degree of loading difficulties. Sometimes it's round number 1; others round(s) number 3, 4, 5 etc that refuse to completely enter the magazine, seemingly striking something in the tube. No amount of force...
  10. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

Forearm Light (Mount) I would like to put a forearm on my 930 that is designed for a tactical light, preferably with a pressure pad switch (and mount - ?) permanetly installed. Something that leaves the choice of light to me (probably a Surefire though). I have found some close to what I...
  11. S

930 Magazine Spring Survey

As of yet, I can not specifically address your questions, however, with several different brands of shells (Hornady, Winchester, etc), I have noticed that even though all the boxes list them as 2 3/4" loads, that when stacked together they are all different lengths. Even within the same brand...
Back