• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Re: New 930 SPX- Not Happy!!! That's odd, I at least got the opportunity to talk to someone after waiting on hold for a while, not that it helped much. What's strange to me is it seems you can ship your gun, have it "repaired" and sent back in about the same time it takes to contact Mossberg...
  2. S

Re: New 930 SPX- Not Happy!!! I think we may have. I'm now thinking I should have saved a few more bucks and picked up a used Benelli. :( I spent 2-3 months going the rounds with Mossburg's service department (Maverick Arms) with the hope that we could get my 930 to stop chewing up mag...
  3. S

Re: New 930 SPX- Not Happy!!! Sorry to hear of your troubles SGT45, but I can't say I'm shocked. After the experience I've had with my Mossburg 930, I'd recommend you get a refund if possible. If you want a well manufactured firearm, look to another brand. I'm done with Mossburg.
  4. S

930 Magazine Spring Survey

All brands that are actually 2-3/4" (excludes weirdo Royal Buck ammo) will load 7 shells into the mag tube. Spring is OEM, approx, 37". No feed problems. With 3" shells I think only 6 will fit. When installing the mag tube spring, be sure the spring slips completely into the back side of the...
  5. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* After a seemingly endless quest to get a new spring, Mossburg / Maverick Arms finally sent me the correct replacement spring I was hoping to get. Unfortunately it was no better than the original spring that came with the gun. The mag tube is...
  6. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I called customer support to get a replacement spring and they refused to send one because of liability reasons. So now I get to send my gun back again with the hope they'll get it right this time. Fun.
  7. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* To be honest I thought your tone was perfectly appropriate, but thanks for the apology anyway. Please let us know how it goes with the CEO. Thanks.
  8. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Oh rats, I LOVE pissing matches. :) Ok seriously, what's the CEO's phone number, I'll give him a call.
  9. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I've worked for two firms with fewer employees than O.F. Mossberg and Sons, Inc. and in both cases Joe Customer would be lucky to get in touch with the CEO's secretary, let alone the CEO himself. How many customer phone calls did you take...
  10. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Even if we had his number, what makes you think we could ever get through to him? A few angry calls isn't going to change the way they do business, and it's not like he's going to call the factory and tell them to hook me up with replacement...
  11. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I took my gas system spring out and noticed when it's relaxed to its free length it's crooked, meaning the ends aren't parallel. I don't know if it straightens out under compression but if not, that would do a lot to explain a why mag tube is...
  12. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I went out today and shot 50 low brass and 20 high brass loads and while it functioned perfectly, it appears the mag tube is still taking a beating from the gas piston assembly. I suppose I can live with it as long as it keeps working well...
  13. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Mine came back today. Fast turn around from Mossberg but communication is definitely lacking. I haven't had a chance to test it in the field but the gas piston assembly on the barrel slides easily down the mag tube now and doesn't leave any...
  14. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* There is no excuse for these guns to be coming back with the same defect they were sent in to have fixed. If these were $200 Hi-Point firearms I would understand, but I shelled out $619 + tax for my 930 SPX and for that price I expect a well...
  15. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* Did you scroll the entire length of 2nd and 3rd photos? That seems like a lot of galling. If Mossberg can't do something about the wear issue I won't bother sending it in. I can de-burr the gas piston spring myself to stop further...
  16. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I visited the store tonight and got the same answer- Best to contact Mossberg directly. Here are some photos I took this afternoon. The wear seems excessive for only having 75 rounds (1/2 of them birdshot) run through it.
  17. S

Re: Scratch Marks on Magazine Tube*more pics added* I bought a 930 SX on 7/31/12, took it out today and shot ~75 rounds through it. Upon disassembly and cleaning I found the typical scratch marks (caused by the gas piston spring end burr) and a substantial amout of wear and galling on the mag...
Back