• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

The most useful knot you'll ever learn

I know 5 knots that I can choose from in any situation: square, bowline, figure 8, taut-line hitch, and the improved clinch. I learned the first four in scouts and the fifth from my dad when he taught me how to tie a lure (one addition to the instructions: if you're using fishing line, wet down...
  2. B

Fienstein to introduce Assault Weapon Ban

The argument is weak. This video is enlightening: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-pqFyKh-rUI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-pqFyKh-rUI So, this was put into production 3 years after the Constitution was created. It's silly to think that our founders would not have thought about high rate of fire...
  3. B

Something Going On ?

He's obviously never heard the mantra, "buy low, sell high." A guy I know calls the idiot gun buyers "gun goofs". Sounds like that term describes most of these AR buyers to a T.
  4. B

Something Going On ?

I was able to find a killer deal last night and am now the proud owner of a Ruger 22/45 that came with 2 mags. I priced out .30-30 lever actions last night and the prices have remained largely the same if you adjust for inflation and the new taxes coming down the pipe. I saw several new Marlin...
  5. B

What I'm hearing is that Springfield armory and Rock River have threatened to leave Illinois if a ban is enacted in that state. That may have been why it died in the IL state senate. Have you heard anything similar, Tim?
  6. B

Dirty good for nothing @@**@^%$# couldn’t do it !

You're going to end up footing the bill. A lot of small and medium sized business owners are these "rich" the Democrats want to steal from and in order to make a profit and stay afloat, they're going to pass their new tax burden on to you in some way, shape, or form. It's like the wisdom of...
  7. B

Dirty good for nothing @@**@^%$# couldn’t do it !

I knew we would either go over the cliff or Boehner would cave into a massive tax hike with no spending cuts. He basically already caved to not cutting spending when the massive farm bill was passed. Looks like Dr. Paul was right again...
  8. B

Something Going On ?

With all the price gouging going on, I took an AR-15 off my short list. I don't think the libs can get a gun bill with any teeth through a republican controlled house, but stranger things have happened and I'm not willing to pay stupidly high prices for a gun, ammo, and mags. Replacing that AR...
  9. B

As best as I can guess, some politician has probably seen a movie where a pistol gripped shotgun (or some other scaaaaaaary looking weapon) has come out from under a trench coat. Those darn pistol grips make it so much easier to conceal, don't you know? I'm surprised they haven't tried to ban...
  10. B

Re: Connecticut School shooting. I, too, am a problem solver. It's why I got into software: I like a challenge. Chaos isn't a bad thing; in fact, it can be quite lucrative!
  11. B

Re: Connecticut School shooting. You're right on the money here. I have what I need to defend my family right now. I don't need any more, although I'd like more. An AR is on my list, but there are other things that come first (like bills, food, and diapers). On another note, because of this...
  12. B

Re: Connecticut School shooting. Also, I've used that comeback to the need argument recently (I just pick something random that I know they enjoy or have) and it shuts the other person right up on that train of thought. Remember, don't play their game and try to justify your need; take their...
  13. B

Re: Connecticut School shooting. The "need" argument is bogus. Who gets to determine what I need? If someone else can determine that I don't "need" an AR-15, do I get to determine that they don't need a smartphone, cable, satellite, kids, French tipped nails, Botox, gold teeth, booze...
  14. B

Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide?

Nitelord, make sure to read the whole thing. Research like this and articles like the last one I posted are what we need right now, not finger pointing and wild-eyed lobbyists. The media responded predictably to what the NRA predictably said yesterday. Remember, the is Wayne "my cold dead hands"...
  15. B

Mike, just remember: if they take away our guns, we can probably buy them back from the Mexican drug lords or al Qaeda.
  16. B

Rossignol, try this: http://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.law.harvard.edu%2Fstudents%2Forgs%2Fjlpp%2FVol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf That should take you to Google Docs PDF viewer. It's not more direct, but I suspect it will work on your phone.
  17. B

http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/orgs/jlpp/Vol30_No2_KatesMauseronline.pdf I think we all know the answer, but this contains invaluable data and information that all of us should know right now. Particularly since the anti-gun nuts love to talk about how peaceful the European nations that...
  18. B

CT School Shooting

Re: Connecticut School shooting. I, too, was confused by the reporting (the media screwed the pooch on this one big time) on the shooting. However, according to the medical examiner, the victims were shot with a rifle...
  19. B

Great article!

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/2012/08/09/why-not-renew-the-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you/ Hopefully this isn't a repost. I've been staying away from forums and social media since the shooting so I don't piss anyone off ;). This is a great article with lots of info in it from...
  20. B

Little did they know...

You'd think this animal rights group would know that they were just providing targets for practice: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Flying-Camera-From-Animal-Rights-Group-Shot-Down-at-Pigeon-Shoot-Cops-179983451.html?dr
Back