• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. 2

6.5 PRC

Yes, very nice. Please let us know how it shoots.
  2. 2

Patriot Banshee 25-06

Update on handloads. 120 Speer Grand Slam also sub moa at 200 yards. RL22 powder. 100 grain Hornady spire point is excellent but unfortunately discontinued. 117 Hornady spire point boattail also very good.
  3. 2

New Patriot 30-06.

I have a 4x4 with the laminate stock in 30-06. It does very well with 150 Sierra Gameking and H4350 powder. Looks like you’re doing pretty well.
  4. 2

Patriot Banshee 25-06

Recently purchased a 25-06 Banshee. Very nice rifle for the price. Cerakote finished rifle for around $375 shipped. I have a lot of much more expensive rifles including custom guns. This thing is a bargain. So far, this rifle likes 117 grain Sierra GameKing with Reloder 22 powder. 200 yard...
  5. 2

Which powder for 338 Win Mag?

You are correct sir on the reference to the 4350s.
  6. 2

Which powder for 338 Win Mag?

Same here. RL-19 for the 338 with 200-225 grain bullets. Sometimes RL-22 is a bit better with the 250s. Nowadays, I prefer H4350 to IMR 4350.
  7. 2

10mm reloading

Ditto on the 180 XTP. Had good luck with AA#7 in the Glock 20.
  8. 2

My 4X4 .338 Win Mag

Re: My 4X4 .388 Win Mag and my next 4x4 Those are very decent groups. I know how challenging it is to sit behind a 338.
  9. 2

New 4x4 laminate

Thank you. You are absolutely correct about twice the price. I don't know how often I could match this performance but the rifle is certainly capable. When the weather is suitable we'll stretch it out farther just for fun.
  10. 2

4X4 MissFiring

Not trying to be a pest, but have you had a chance to shoot that rifle? If so, how's it working? Thanks.
  11. 2

New 4x4 laminate

Shot two three-shot groups at 200 yards yesterday. The 165 Hornady SPBT went into 2" the first group. Concentrated harder on the next three and they went into 1 1/8". Average velocity was 2954 fps. Very pleased. You just can't beat this rifle for the price.
  12. 2

New 4x4 laminate

The SSTs are a boat tail with a polymer tip. Some rifles prefer the regular Hornady spire point boat tail to the SST. We'll see about this one. I have a couple more loads ready to try. Soon as I get a chance.
  13. 2

New 4x4 laminate

Thanks, guys. Quick report: Shot the 4x4 today to get it on paper. I used my primitive bore sight method at 25 yards and got it ready for 100 yards in just two shots. Shot a three shot group with 180 Hornady SSTs over 56 grains of H4350. They averaged 2746 fps for the three shots. They grouped...
  14. 2

New 4x4 laminate

Here's the rifle. Just experimenting with photos. Will try to put up more.
  15. 2

New 4x4 laminate

I pondered a foul weather rifle for quite some time. The only two that really fit the bill were the Remington XCR and the Mossberg 4x4 with Marinecote. I have several stainless rifles and a few chrome moly rifles that are Duracoated. Stainless can rust. I wanted really tough. I take very good...
  16. 2

sighting in .338 mag

Agreed. Not enough information to render much assistance. 338s can be a challenge to shoot. It's a matter of finding a load the rifle likes.
  17. 2

4X4 MissFiring

Is there any update on the function of this rifle? I hope everything has worked out.
  18. 2

Failure to fire

You'll be fine. If it didn't fire within a second or two after the firing pin strike, it's not going to happen. It could still fire if it's chambered in another rifle with a firing pin that protrudes further. You won't detonate it with a bullet puller.
  19. 2

What dies to choose?

That's a nice little set up. I've loaded thousands of rounds through the years using a single stage press. If you don't need large volumes of ammo in a short time, it's the way to go. Like was mentioned, your ammo quality will be as good or better than that loaded on a high end Dillon or other...
Back