• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Good to hear it's starting to work for you Speedy. This past weekend I put another 300 rounds through mine without any failures whatsoever...and yet the first month I owned it I felt I had made a huge mistake with all the failures. It seems this gun...no matter what needs at least 1000 rounds...
  2. S

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- New owners area...

Re: New rifle owner 715t The scope in the link has a rimfire dovetail mount. It won't 'widen' enough to fit the Weaver/Picatinny mount on your Mossberg. You'll either have to buy new mounts...or return the scope that has Weaver mounts. As to the ammo issue...it may just be a break-in issue...
  3. S

Re: 715T hanguard question I don't think it's really possible to swap the handguard on the 715...it's not an 'real' AR piece. What we did was add handguard panels https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/ ... anels.html They come in a package of 3 and are easily trimmed to length with a sharp...
  4. S

Wow speedyquad...a little testy aren't we? Did I say you didn't have a right to be upset? Did I say you shouldn't be frustrated? Let's see...nope, I re-read my last post and didn't do either. What I was warning others was that Mossberg isn't the only company this can happen with (google 'marlin...
  5. S

Just to keep things in perspective Google 'Ruger 10-22' problems and lots of pages such as this come up http://www.shootersforum.com/rimfire-ri ... blems.html
  6. S

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Reviews...

Re: Mossberg tactical .22 vs ruger 10/22 Depends what you want out of your gun. If you're looking for a dependable semi-auto that has reasonable accuracy either one will fit the bill. If you want the AR style the Mossberg is the way to go. There are a few QC issues that have cropped up with...
  7. S

A quick followup to my Sept post. I now have about 3000 rounds through my 715 CarryHandle. I've kept track and the last failure of ANY kind was over 1200 rounds ago...so I'm totally happy with the gun reliability-wise. I've tricked it out a bit, forgrip, rail covers, red dot...by the time this...
  8. S

Mossberg Tactical .22 715T- Optics

Re: mounting red dot to Handle rail x2 I bought the carry handle version specifically to improve my shooting with iron sights. At 50m I can shoot fairly rapidly and still keep all shots within a 2-3 circle.
  9. S

Mossberg Tactical .22 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Tactical Sling The Viking Tactical single point sling (about $25 on sale for the non-bungee model) has 3 different mounting options, one of which is a simple strap affair. If you ream a hole in the strap, you can put the tube bolt through it (as mentioned above) and it works great.
  10. S

Not paracord, but I really like the Viking Single Point sling. It's not expensive (about $25 for the non-bungee version) and makes for very easy carry. Though the Mossberg doesn't have a proper single point swivel, the sling does have a great loop. If you ream a hole in the loop and then put...
  11. S

speedy....a lot of people recommend loading the mags and then leaving them sit a couple of days to set the spring...hopefully this is all you need to do. When I bought my new mags my FTF (and jams) dropped from every 2nd or 3rd shot to maybe one or two in a days shoot...say 200 rounds. I left...
  12. S

Sighting In Your Mossberg Tactical .22 715T

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy I feel for you Jim. But I gotta admit, this is why I always (and I mean always) purchase items that can in any way fail from a local dealer if at all possible. It always helps to be able to stand in front of the guy who sold it to you and tell him you're not...
  13. S

Sighting In Your Mossberg Tactical .22 715T

Re: Awful Tactical .22 Accuracy The Mossberg Tactical does seem to be a conundrum, I gotta admit. One thing I wonder about is where the OP's gun was purchased...all those issues going back and forth to Mossberg...I can't help but wonder where your dealer was in all this. I know that my Mossberg...
  14. S

Totally happy with mine. Purchased the carry handle version (with adjustable stock) about a month ago. Went with the carry handle, against the advice of many who feel it's easier to mount an optic on the flat-top. But I have a tricked out Savage .22WMR with a Nikon 4-12 for precision...
  15. S

This is pretty much what 2 out of 5 of my rounds looked like on my first outing with my 715t. As you've read here numerous times Mossberg has a real issue with the mags for this rifle. Suffice it to say I returned the original mag that came with the gun and purchased two new mags. This past...
  16. S

Well, add me to the list of 715t FTF (failure to feed) crowd. But mine has a happy ending. Purchased my 715t two weeks ago and headed to the range. With a variety of ammo I was getting a failure to feed (same as everyone...rounds were ramming into the back of the breech) every 4 or 5 shots...
Back