• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. MrDig

MVP-I'm interested

the 20 inch barrel isn't going to affect accuracy as much as Muzzle Velocity and Muzzle energy I think. As always don't quote me on the stuff because the math is way beyond my aptitude. You will generally get better distances with the 24 inch but again the math of external ballistics is out of...
  2. MrDig

MVP-I'm interested

I really enjoy shooting mine. I added a BSA Sweet .223 scope for a nice economic Rifle Package. I'm still debating putting a Bi Pod on it. It shoots better than I do :mrgreen:
  3. MrDig

New from MN

Welcome from another Minnesotan. I hope you enjoy your 500 as much as I like mine. They are even easy to tinker with if you care to do so.
  4. MrDig

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Screen Name is nothing Special, Last Name is Digatono so MrDig was a reasonable choice that only male members of my family would choose. I got it first too bad for them :D My Avatar is almost as simple, IRL other than Dig or Digger many know me as Bear, and well I'm smarter than your average...
  5. MrDig

Model 70?

I was about 12 when my neighbor sold it to me for $10.00 plus a Rabbit or a Pheasant which ever I shot first. My dad gave me $10.00 and said he would get my mom to pay him back out of my Birthday money. I still hunt small game with it.
  6. MrDig

What are you shooting?

I didn't know they were offered in anything but 5.56/223. Yes 24 in Bbl, 1 in 9 Twist
  7. MrDig

What are you shooting?

So far I have shot some XM855 62gr Steel Core and XM 193 55gr as well as some 55gr reloads my Brother made for me. So far the reloads and the XM193 seem to be the most accurate and give me good groups at 100 yards It seems the 62gr Steel Core is Inconsistent at best down right Horse Excrement at...
  8. MrDig

Model 70?

Is this in fact a Mossberg Model 70, It says Western Field .410 gauge. It has no Serial Number and no other Markings. It is a single shot and you have to pull the knob on the back end of the bolt to bring it fully into battery to fire.
  9. MrDig

Just saying Hello

Hello Proud Owner of a 500A, MVP and a 4x4 in .243
Back