• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. cliff

Ameriglo 3-dot Tritium

Lazy - I can't find the accessories thread. This site has so many directions to go I often get lost. Can you steer me in the right direction? :?:
  2. cliff

Ameriglo 3-dot Tritium

http://www.opticsplanet.com/ameriglo-mo ... t-set.html Should have included the link.
  3. cliff

Ameriglo 3-dot Tritium

I have read so-so reviews about the True-Dot Tritium bead sold by Optics Planet (and others). I like the looks of the Ameriglo 3-dot set also offered by Optics Planet. It is steel (and not plastic) and doesn't appear to have the install problems. Anyone out there tried this? Comments good or...
  4. cliff

Gun Grease Evaluation

I was not aware that grease was an acceptable lubricant with any gun. The gun oil I have been using is a light oil, slightly heavier than WD-40. It would seem that anything heavier would have a greater ability to attract dirt and would be detrimental. If I am misguided tell me. This forum has...
  5. cliff

Replacement Stock for 590

After all the comments and suggestions in this thread I went with the ATI Akita and it really feels good. Although traditional LOP measuring methods put me at 13.5", the shorter positions on the Akita actually seem to fit better. I haven't shot yet but I do like the way it feels. Thanks for all...
  6. cliff

Noob Question about Red Dots

Wow - some great responses! I was trained in shotgun shooting by the USCG, but they use it strictly as a close quarters weapon on vessels. Therefore they teach to shoot from the hip. It's a skill the one can learn and a house is similar to compartments on a ship but if I am able to bring the...
  7. cliff

Noob Question about Red Dots

I have been looking at tritium replacements for the bead or maybe GRS for my 590. I am not familiar with the red dot sight or how it is used. Can someone explain? The primary purpose is HD and I do have a mag tube mounted Streamlight.
  8. cliff

What does the term "overmolded" mean? I have read the reviews of the Hogue, but does it include some sort of recoil reduction? I would like my wife to shoot this but I know it's going to be uncomfortable. Trying to make her like it.
  9. cliff

I am adding a recoil pad to my 590 but I also would like to shorten the LOP slightly. The ATI Akita seems to meet my needs. I have seen Youtubes of the standard ATI stock resulting in too much rear movement of the shotgun, plus I don't care for the look of that stock. The Akita looks much more...
  10. cliff

Noob question...need advice before I buy a 500.

If price is a concern, take a look at the Maverick 88. I just bought a 590 but I was impressed with the 88 for the price, particularly if you intend limited use. I don't like the safety on the 88 but that's really the only thing I didn't like. I paid $412 for my 590 from LGS. Pretty good deal I...
Back