• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Corelogik

Maverick 88 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: Stock Advice I use it on all of my shotguns, 3 so far. I find it hard to imagine using anything else. I like it a lot.
  2. Corelogik

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: Finally... Because the fore end on the OP's model is the "field" fore end. The other one is the "security" fore end. I bought the same Mav the OP did and swapped out for a 18.5" security barrel, so I have both barrels. I had to cut down the rear of my field fore end to use my side saddle...
  3. Corelogik

500A Rolling Thunder

So, out of morbid curiosity, can someone enlighten me as to what the can on teh end of those is supposed to be for. I find some of the mods and models coming out of Mossberg these days kind of baffling. This one of course, and the model with the big Barrett type muzzle brake on it,... what/who...
  4. Corelogik

Maverick 88 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Want a well made gun light I have Streamlight Polytac's on all my long guns. Their LED, 120 Lumens, light weight and fit in any 1" light mount. I have had no issues using them on my SKS, 10/22's and my Mav88 shotgun. They all still function just fine after hundreds of rounds of 7.62, 12ga...
  5. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice The only complaint I have about the stock is, the adjustment lever seems a bit o the large side and a bit blocky and sharp on the edges. Some judiciously applied sandpaper or a dremel may relive some of that. Otherwise, I'm loving the new fit out. It's just enough "tactical"...
  6. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice Yes there is a Maverick 88 under there. Hah. I love it. The fiber optic front sight, I assume that's what you mean, is a HiViz snap on. I don't remember where I got that one specifically but I have one on all my bead sighted shotguns. You can buy it direct from HiViz...
  7. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice Well, didn't get pics posted yesterday. Too many people over and too much turkey. So, a day late, but hopefully worth the wait. Here ya go,..
  8. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice All my parts arrived today. I have one more thing to put on and then if I get time after scarfing tomorrow, I'll get some pics and post some Thanksgiving gun pr0n!
  9. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice Yes I will be posting pics.
  10. Corelogik

New Mossberg web site

I think Mossberg's new site sucks ass. I liked it much better the old way. The accessories, such as they were, were much easier to find. If you wanted to browse all models in a given category, that was easy to do and by clicking on "specifications" you got a list of models and compare weights...
  11. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice I got the ATI collapsible M4 style stock with the scorpion butt pad piece, a Tacstar 6 round side saddle some pachmyer pacskin grip tape for the forearm and an L&M light mount, mounts to the mag tube and holds the light roughly parallel to the barrel. I already have a spare...
  12. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice Parts ordered. Will post pics when it's all assembled. Thanks to everyone for their opinions and advice.
  13. Corelogik

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: chamber size See, I did not know that. Good info to keep in mind. I've never really been an auto guy though so guess that's why I didn't know that. :thumbs up:
  14. Corelogik

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: chamber size Anyone know when the last time a shotgun maker made a model that specifically DIDN'T accept 3" shells. I thought that all shotguns had been more or less 3" chambered for quite a while.
  15. Corelogik

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Returning to my roots..."The 500" I've got VFG's on my SKS and one of my 10/22's. I understand those, they put your hands into a position they would be in if you were in a generic fighting stance. I can grab the front of my VFG with part of my hand on the fore arm and part on the grip and...
  16. Corelogik

Re: Stock Advice The second one from CTD is one of the ones I linked to earlier that I'm considering. I'm not buying a "kit" with fore arm at the moment because the shotgun is a Mav88 with pinned bars. I haven't bought a replacement tube, so no need to get a fore arm at the moment.
  17. Corelogik

What kind of shotguns do the military currently use?

Cost, production sociability, need, parts commonality,... not to mention those they have are probably doing the job just fine. One of the biggest mistakes the military ever made in my OPINION is put more than semi-auto in the hands of common soldiers. Waste of ammo which leads directly to...
  18. Corelogik

Really weird shooting occurred last night

This is what happens when we derail darwinism, protect the stupid people from themselves and then not only allow, but encourage them to breed.
  19. Corelogik

Are Atrocities Part of War

"Atrocities" is a CIVILIAN non-combatant, REMF point of view. Kind of like the politicians and home bound liberals that try to separate the motivation from the motivated, the message from the messenger etc ,... Grow some balls, quit wringing your hands and deal with reality.
  20. Corelogik

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Custom work on my 500 Very nice. Makes me want to go buy another shotgun so I can put wood on it. Seriously, I view shotguns like I do .22's. You can never have too many and putting different furniture on it is simply creating a new variant. :D
Back