• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. ChrisMossy

Employment in private security (long)

Years of retail management has given me great people skills haha. Or at least the ability to appreciate the polite people and tolerate the ass holes. I am not cocky so maybe I won't fit in. I know my friend who does it is about the cockiest person I know and I have never understood why. He has...
  2. ChrisMossy

That's what I plan on. Hopefully he will see there is sincerity in me and a deep interest in this type of work.
  3. ChrisMossy

Thanks for your replies fellas. Ya I am not interested in unarmed security really but I figure if it is a way to get my foot in the door then maybe I could do it for a short time. The work my friend is currently doing is similar to the work listed above. Instead he is at an apartment complex...
  4. ChrisMossy

Ya the pay is rather low for most. He told me he was receiving 12 and hour and working 50-60 hours per week so the overtime is there. He told me his boss is desperate for qualified candidates because of some new contracts his company has gotten for armed guards. 12 dollars an hour would be...
  5. ChrisMossy

This will be a long one.....Also kind of a gripe.... Alright guys I am a young guy (27) who is still trying to find meaningful employment or a career I guess you could say. I have a friend who is an armed security guard for a decent size private security company that does civilian security jobs...
  6. ChrisMossy

Recoil is killing me...

Hyp3r, I've never found a way to tame 12 gauge slugs in a light shotgun like the mossberg 500. I can tolerate them but do not enjoy at all shooting them. If you can't find a way to tame the recoil then I would suggest switching ammo. Maybe try a reduced recoil slug. This may or may not reduce...
  7. ChrisMossy

Firearm Photo Gallery

My brothers Palmetto State Armory AR and his Beretta Brigadier Elite II and my Taurus PT92 and Ruger Mini 14. Just a handful of our current collections. I highly recommend those Palmetto AR's. That pic was just after he assembled his AR. The lower went together smooth and the upper is also...
  8. ChrisMossy

Gamer Tags.

I currently don't have xbox live anymore but I plan on getting it all back up and running in the next few weeks. I'll accept adds when i get back up and running. I really only play call of duty. B ops 1, MW2, and MW3 are the only ones I have right now. I will be picking B ops 2 up as soon as I...
  9. ChrisMossy

COD Black Ops 2

I went max prestige on Black Ops 1 and MW3. I know I need a life haha. I haven't picked up B ops 2 yet. For those that have it, does it play slow like B ops 1 or is a chaotic mess like MW3? I kind of preferred the more laid back skillful approach of B ops 1 over the spray and pray of mw3. How is...
  10. ChrisMossy

Fitness for Survival

Thanks, definitely will. Weighed in this morning at 258.4lbs. Hoping for 245-250 by Christmas this year. But that's gonna be hard with all the good food that is gonna be floating around haha. I need to find more wood to split with an axe. I gotta say I'm getting more of a work out chopping down...
  11. ChrisMossy

Fitness for Survival

I wish I had better pictures. I honestly just never thought about taking pictures during this. The first picture was a couple years ago at about 365lbs. Yes I was drunk in that picture. The second was 330lbs I believe and then the last is 265-270 I can't remember which. Current is 260. Chopped a...
  12. ChrisMossy

Fitness for Survival

Your goal is about the same as mine. I came from 370 to my current 260. Hoping for 200-220 in there somewhere.
  13. ChrisMossy

Fitness for Survival

Good on ya buddy! I was put on a few different meds and the side effects were not tolerable for me. I fixed all my blood pressure problems through weight loss. I am glad you're doing the same. Feels good doesn't it?
  14. ChrisMossy

VOTE !!

I voted. It was freaking packed. The last election I was literally in and out. Today I was there for almost an hour waiting in line. Good turn out it seemed. This was about 11:30am. My mother went to the same place around 5pm and she waited almost a couple hours. The busiest we have ever seen...
  15. ChrisMossy

Wheel GUNS!!

The number behind the cylinder is -2. Production was 88' or 89' I believe. I wrote SW an email one time asking the year it was made. The trigger is smooth. I purchased it at a gun store it was on consignment. I believe I stole it. $350.00 It shoots very well, it locks up tight and the finish is...
  16. ChrisMossy

Wheel GUNS!!

Heres my 629-2.
  17. ChrisMossy

Autoloader vs Pump

I would try to shoot both and see which one you and your wife naturally take to. Then with practice, it will be easier to master. If you were to go with a pump there are plenty of reduced recoil HD rounds out there. I am 6ft and 265lbs and absolutely hate shooting buckshot and slugs out of my...
  18. ChrisMossy

Glock

My EDC containing my Glock 26. This is my primary CPL gun. The mag pouch is something I slopped together real quick. Figured I'd rather just make one than buy one. Works just fine for me.
  19. ChrisMossy

Extending a blade

By full tang do you mean just making it longer or perhaps wider as well?
  20. ChrisMossy

Extending a blade

I hope it can be welded cheaply. I don't really see another alternative.
Back