• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. selous

Hunting Knives

Dave,normally this kind of knifes are called utter knives ("cuchillo de remate",in my language).I don´t know if utter is the propper word. They are used to put finishing touches to injured animals or when catching dogs make dangerous the use of a gun.If the blade have not the proper size ,the...
  2. selous

The Point: Arrowhead Pics and Discussion

LES,the same scene of this film came to my mind when I watched the promotional video of those bullet-arrows. :lol:
  3. selous

Incredible.Personally,I don´t like this "gadget".I can not say if there will be a market for this thing,but I think that the serious bowhunter won´t try it.I hope so. The cartridge seems to be a .357.How can this cartridge be effective without using a barrel?The pressure will be minimal and...
  4. selous

Accu Riser 6000 Cheek Pad

You can make sure that this item has a high quality-price ratio.This is one of those things in what you get more than what you paid for it. :) First I fixed the cheek pad with the double sided tape.After testing it,then I decided to drill the stock.....to fix it permanently. The 45-70 Marlin...
  5. selous

Accu Riser 6000 Cheek Pad

I always have thought that a good red-dot,holographic or similar sight device can be a good advantage when making quick shoots on moving targets with a shotgun.Tactically speaking I think it is called fast target adquisition. When I installed Eotech sight in my Mossberg 500,I had problems to...
  6. selous

New Mossy owner -NY

Archametes,I have the same barrel as you(24" rifled) in a Mossberg 500 and the Remington Accutip sabot slug works perfectly.If you try magnum load be prepared for a goog kick ;)
  7. selous

need help selecting a dot scope?

Frank,I solved the problem of eye alignment in two Mossberg shotguns ,after installing different red-dots, thanks to Accu Riser 6000.I fixed it with screws.I will make a review as soon as possible.This is the link...
  8. selous

Paul,it is not easy to compare bullets with arrows.Speaking of energy and velocity the difference between both is enormous but when we take into account the proyectile weight and the design of it the arrow is capable of making a massive wound channel.Also a bullet can do it ,but the effects of...
  9. selous

My first wild boar taken with bow was using a Bear Razorhead (the one that comes with bleeders)withouth the bleeders.In picture,number 8 at bottom.It reached lungs through the ribs when the animal was quartering away and was found dead not far from shoot.The weight was about 240 pounds. Some...
  10. selous

Hunting Knives

Here is one of my hunting knives.It is a Muela manufactured knife with a 9 1/2 inches blade ,stag handle from red deer and leather sheath.About the steel it is very similar to 440 B or 440 C. This kind of knives are very useful here when making wild boar driven hunts with dogs.The double edge...
  11. selous

Switch operated Red Dot/Reflex?

LES,I have one of this .It is a Japanese HAKO Panorama MK-IV Bed 40 red dot.Actually I have it installed in a Mossberg 695 for hunting.If you remove the cover the unit will turn on.But you need a little amount of light and the sensor will adjust the dot size. Very important to me:you can change...
  12. selous

I finally got a bow...Bear Archery Anarchy Shadow Series...

Re: I finally got a bow...Bear Archery Anarchy Shadow Series Dan,I forgot to ask you about the most significant issue when buying a compound bow:Tunning it.You must choose the accesories(arrow rest,sight,....) and install them properly to achieve a correct arrow flight.Very important to get...
  13. selous

I finally got a bow...Bear Archery Anarchy Shadow Series...

Re: I finally got a bow...Bear Archery Anarchy Shadow Series Dan,If this is your first bow for hunting ,wellcome to "hunt in the hard way".Now,it comes the next part:to set it up. It looks very well. :o
  14. selous

ghost ring sights or other sights?

Itsricmo,thanks for the advice , ;) .The barrel mount is not expensive and I can use it to mount laser or flashlight on barrel.If I buy the flip-up sights I wouldn´t like not to use them. There is another good option:go to LPA ghost ring system.They make quality sights for different guns. BAR11W...
  15. selous

ghost ring sights or other sights?

I have on mind the same issue.I have one 18.5" barrel with bead sight.Also ,I have a Bushnell TRS-25 for this barrel.The red dot has a 1/2" high quick release mount,good to get cowitness. I was looking for a weaver mount with the same level to mount in front of barrel.Considering I have two...
  16. selous

Hog Hunting

Another video from the same hunter.Look the way he wait for shooting until the wild boar runs next to him. http://youtu.be/1Maz7-7erpg
  17. selous

Hog Hunting

To have an idea of the type of terrain we hunt wild boar with dogs this video is very representative.Very close shoots and little time for shooting makes very useful a shotgun. In this video,Remington 7600 pump action rifle in .35 Whelen. http://youtu.be/9fXQeVqbVCo He uses hunting knife to...
  18. selous

Slug Gun Scope

take a look to this post: http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5800 I tested this riflescope with blacpowder and also Magnum 3" Remington Accutip Sabots shotshells.Any problem.
  19. selous

Aperture or optic sight recommendations for a .357 Magnum

Re: Aperture or optic sight recommendations for a .357 Magnu Nice picture and gun ¡¡¡ I can see in picture the screws in holes for installing weaver or picattiny rail.Any sight you put on it ,install it as low as possible. If you think in a red dot sight I´d go to a Bushnell TRS-25.Good...
  20. selous

Post your archery kills here!

Here is a little video that I recorded in 1998 in Zimbabwe.I hunted impala from a tree stand made by myself.The arrow went trough the heart of the impala.We found the impala 150 yards away before following a good blood trail. http://vimeo.com/8702616
Back