• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. RyanMac

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

Re: Online Sales Thanks. That gives me some peace of mind. I didn't realize if there was some issue I wouldn't be stuck with it.
  2. RyanMac

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

Online Sales Hello all, I'm interested in purchasing a FNX 45 in the next month or so and none of the stores around me even think they'll be able to get them in. I see a few going in the price range I'm comfortable with at Gunbroker. I've never done an online purchase and am wondering how...
  3. RyanMac

Night Sights

Sorry to wax intellectual here for a minute but half life calculations are part of my daily job so I might be able to explain the dating better. The half life of Triitium is 12.3 years. So after 12.3 years it has lost 1/2 the activity of the original sample. It will always produce light just...
  4. RyanMac

New accessories for the FLEX 590 arrived

Looking real nice.
  5. RyanMac

590 Elevator question.

On my old 500 its fixed as well. Probably just be a good idea to grab one before it breaks. Thanks.
  6. RyanMac

590 Elevator question.

I got to the range yesterday to have a little fun and upon post shooting dissassembly I noticed something odd. My elevator has been functioning fine, but when I wiped it down, I noticed one of the posts that pivots in the receiver spins in the elevator. It just spins. I put some pressure on...
  7. RyanMac

What a monster!

Here she is in all her glory. Anyone that has the aforementioned sling mount setup let me know what you are using please.
  8. RyanMac

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Re: tactical stock for 590 On advice from this forum I changed out the stock on my 590 to the Hogue short LOP. I'm 6'2" and with a slightly different hold and stance it is perfect. Also, it has a much improved buttpad over the stock one. Good luck.
  9. RyanMac

What a monster!

I installed the GG&G sling mounts. I got the ones for HK style connectors. I purchased a 2 to 1 point Condor Bunge sling thinking it would be perfect for this application. I am not super impressed with it in either 2 or 1 point config. I like the idea of having a sling that can do both 2 and...
  10. RyanMac

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Converting single action bar forend to dual bars I have a Western Auto 20ga store brand Mossberg 500 manufactured by Mossberg in the mid 60's with a single action bar. I've been shooting this gun for almost 20 years and I got it used as a kid. I am yet to have a problem related to the...
  11. RyanMac

Unleashed the beast today....FINALLY!!!

I know the feeling. Good to hear about your experience. My local range is the same way, only 00 and slugs.
  12. RyanMac

What a monster!

I've only had her on one date so far, but if w as love.
  13. RyanMac

What a monster!

Better off now. I have the Hogue 12" LOP on it now. Much better fit. I need to get a better pic.
  14. RyanMac

my "new to me" 50cal ammo can

Great pickup. Forget all those fancy ammo storage containers. All Mil Surp cans for me.
  15. RyanMac

Mossberg 535 Firing Trouble

Have you done a complete strip down and gunk removal from factory packing grease? How many rounds do you have through it before this started happening?
  16. RyanMac

What a monster!

Wow, I fell dumb. I looked right past it. Thanks for the info. It's a bad pic but here she is. I have since added the Hogue 12" Stock and a sling using the GG&G side mounts. As far as customization I think thats gonna be it. I like to keep things as simple as possible. :D
  17. RyanMac

What a monster!

I guess off topic, what is the easy way to post pics? I'm used to just inserting a pic from a local pic file.
  18. RyanMac

What a monster!

The LOP was long even for me at 6'2". I installed the Hogue 12" today and the whole shotgun feels different. The LOP fells much more natural and the weight distribution and center of gravity seems much closer now. Very nice. I cant wait to try it with the Hogue. I hear the pad on the Hogue...
  19. RyanMac

Mossberg 590 Round Count Thread

First hundred went through today. No flaws or issues. I wish I could shoot as much as some of you guys. But I'll get there eventually.
Back