• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. kevink2

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Should I be concerned? So I have some good news. After scouring this forum and many others, I decided to get proactive and start doing everything I could think of to get this thing running better. Nobody answered my question above, but I went ahead and polished the gas piston housing, and...
  2. kevink2

Re: Should I be concerned? Okay, some good news- the shotgun came back from service on the 2nd, which was actually sooner than expected. So besides lack of communication, I'm happy with the turnaround time. The gun came back with a new spacer and retention plate kit plus my old one (if anyone...
  3. kevink2

Re: Should I be concerned? Oh lord, why me? The first thing I noticed when I got my shotgun home from the dealer was the .375 rise spacer was missing from the retention plate/spacer kit. I immediately emailed Mossberg to see if I was mistaken about the make up of the plates kit. In the...
  4. kevink2

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Missing Picatinny Rail Screws - 930 SPX Blackwater Wow, same guy that wouldn't help me with shipping my brand new failing SPX back for service. Sent it back on my own, somewhat out of frustration. Spotting a trend here.
  5. kevink2

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Re: Missing Picatinny Rail Screws - 930 SPX Blackwater Wow, that's quite insulting. I'm sure you should be able avoid Mossberg CS and find appropriate screws at good hardware shop, and without the torx head. Or online check out places like http://www.mcmaster.com/# or www.fastenal.com. Best of...
  6. kevink2

Re: Should I be concerned? I was also looking at this pumper as an alternative if the SPX thing didn't work out for me.
  7. kevink2

Re: Should I be concerned? Thanks SGT- I was already kind of bummed out to have to resort to calling CS, and when not offered an RMA number or shipping label, it bummed me out even more. I decided to tuck away the upset and move forward. Looking ahead I knew Christmas was coming up and didn't...
  8. kevink2

Re: Should I be concerned? Once again thank you for the kind words gentleman, I will definitely report back with the outcome. Sad thing is, I was also looking at an MVP, but am definitely having second thoughts now (btw interesting bit of info on the Savage, Itsricmo!). Fingers crossed.
  9. kevink2

Re: Should I be concerned? Well, got a chance to hit the range early yesterday morning, as I've been switched to over this week to a night shift. Unfortunately I think I had even more problems this session than the first. I started out with more slugs, high brass, and buck, which, as before...
  10. kevink2

Re: Should I be concerned? Thanks for the replies L.E.S. and Itsricmo. LES, I was under the impression that the problem with the canted sites is that it is attached improperly, and one could see the wings leaning a little left or right when sighting in. In my case, it looks like the front...
  11. kevink2

Death of Merl the Zombie Pumpkin!

I was thinking to myself that you probably won't need that second round! Nice!
  12. kevink2

Should I be concerned? Greetings, new member here, recently purchased my first shotgun, a 930 SPX Tactical 8 shot. Got it home and did the field strip and cleaned it up. I used a laser bore sight tool and had to move the ghost ring to the extreme left side, within a click or two from end of the...
  13. kevink2

Greetings from So Cal

Thanks guys, You nailed it L.E.S., it didn't like the Winchester AA Light Target loads (1145 FPS). Wouldn't cycle any of them. Interestingly, it also didn't like the Winchester Super X's (1290 1oz 7 1/2 shot), although it was fine with Walmart Federal Multi-Purpose loads (1290 3DRAM 1 1/8oz 8...
  14. kevink2

Greetings from So Cal

Greetings everyone, Just thought I'd introduce myself, newbie member from the great nanny state of California. Although I've had other firearms for years, I just purchased my first shotgun, a Mossberg 930 SPX. Beautiful weapon IMO. Even though I cleaned it up when I first received it, I had some...
Back