• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. lonestarjeff

464 Brush Gun Purchase

I really like the length of it, what is the barrel length? Haven't seen the brush gun before. It reminds me of Marlin's guide gun. Nice find! Jeff
  2. lonestarjeff

New stock or new scope?

Did you end up with better glass or stock?
  3. lonestarjeff

cartridge stop

We'll see if cleaning the tube & follower makes any difference. If not, I may try the WaterMonkey treatment next.
  4. lonestarjeff

464 Accuracy

I have scopes that seem to make the rounds from one of my rifles to the next, but I never leave one in place for long. Just tend to prefer open sights for anything I want to carry around while checking fences,etc. Partly it's the extra weight, but also how it throws off the balance when handling...
  5. lonestarjeff

cartridge stop

After reading this, I pulled the tube & checked for dents, rust, etc. The follower was a bit gummy, but no problems with the tube. No burrs on the stop. Even with the plastic follower clean there is steady resistance. Not enough to make it hang, but slow it down.
  6. lonestarjeff

cartridge stop

Any ideas how to cure this problem? It doesn't seem to be related to any particular brand or weight cartridge.
  7. lonestarjeff

New to me 464

I think try both....you may have different results from mine(which seems to prefer 170's in Federal FN, but also likes 150gr Winchester HP)
  8. lonestarjeff

464 Accuracy

I do like it, especially for quick acquisition, but for precision target shooting something other than a rear peep would be better.
  9. lonestarjeff

464 Accuracy

I don't know why using the search box only brings up AR15 sights, but as Steve indicated they have multiple applications available.
  10. lonestarjeff

464 Accuracy

That is a KNS sight, I think I found it at Midway.
  11. lonestarjeff

464 Accuracy

I have the Lo-Pro on the 464. I had too take a little off the stud to sight it in with my front.
  12. lonestarjeff

New Patriot 30-06.

Nice shootin!
  13. lonestarjeff

Patriot Predator

Congrats! That sounds like a great idea. I really like my 30-06, but maybe a 270????
  14. lonestarjeff

464 Accuracy

I was so happy with the peep on my 464 I ended up installing one on my M92 38/357 & my Patriot!
  15. lonestarjeff

New Patriot 30-06.

Sorry I can't be much help either. I bought my 30-06 Patriot as a truck gun with iron sights for the occasional hog or other varmint. I've sighted it in at 50, but not beyond.
  16. lonestarjeff

464 Accuracy

I've never had one get behind the gate, but I've had rounds hang at the mouth of the tube. When it does this I can half-cycle the lever again & hear the "snick" of the next shell released from the tube. Not sure what causes the temporary hang-up.
  17. lonestarjeff

Mossberg Owners Hats for sale!!

Arrived today!
  18. lonestarjeff

Mossberg Owners Hats for sale!!

If you still have caps I'll take one! Can't believe I just noticed this :idk:
  19. lonestarjeff

Mounting Scope o n new Patriot - Will not align!!

I agree, just wondered if they slap the scope on it & box it up, or if the scope is packed separately in the box for the customer to mount.
  20. lonestarjeff

Extended maazine

I like it, too bad they only make it for the short stroke models.
Back