• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. lonestarjeff

cartridge stop

Any ideas how to cure this problem? It doesn't seem to be related to any particular brand or weight cartridge.
  2. lonestarjeff

What ammo have put through your Patriot?

I haven't had mine long enough to try much variety(although I have stocked up a few)to know what it likes best, but as we all know every barrel has it's peculiar preferences. So far, the only cartridges(30-06) I've put through mine is Winchester 165gr power-point & Remington 180gr core-lokt. I...
  3. lonestarjeff

winged sight for the 464

Has anyone bit the bullet & tried one yet? I have a lo-pro on mine now which I like, but the winged version looks rugged.
  4. lonestarjeff

Checkering

I read quite a few reviews on the Patriot before ordering one. I thought I remembered reading a complaint that the checkering on the walnut stocks were too fine & a bit rough for comfort, but I guess I just assumed they were the classic diamond cut pattern. Mine arrived last week & has the more...
  5. lonestarjeff

Rifle sling

Have you put a sling on your Patriot? My walnut 30-06 is supposed to arrive Friday & I'm trying to decide what sling to put on it. I'm thinking a basic GI-type cotton webbing with metal hardware, or possibly a leather one. I have a plain brown leather sling on my walnut 464, looks & works...
  6. lonestarjeff

Iron sights

Spent a little time over on the 464 forum the last couple of years, but I just ordered a 30-06 Patriot with iron sights which brings me over here. I'm a fan of the older calibers, plus we have wild hogs invading lately....okay, the truth is I've never owned a bolt gun(unless you count my dad's...
  7. lonestarjeff

Added some leather trim

I need a little extra length of pull on the 464, so I decided to go with a leather pad instead of rubber...... ....plus it adds a little more "western flare". I added another inch of spacer in the sleeve, so that does the trick. It's more comfy to shoot too! BTW, I mentioned in a previous...
  8. lonestarjeff

30-30 on AR500 steel

I was shooting the 464 last weekend at my steel targets from 50 & 90 yds. To my surprise the rounds dimpled my targets..... Never had an issue with .223 or 5.56 or 300blk......those other hits are 9mm & 300blk.
Back