• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. T

Maverick 88 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY Ok great! I will check it out.
  2. T

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY Ok awesome! Thanks for all the feedback. Right now I have the 100 pack of winchesters from walmart. I have heard a bit of controversy about them. So I may be switching to federal.
  3. T

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY What are the best shells for the price that I should run through my 88?
  4. T

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY hahahaha I know!!! Yes I like videos much much more!!:P
  5. T

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY Yeah I'm not a fan of instruction manuals either! haha
  6. T

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY haha thanks! Yeah me too! The video was very helpful! Thank you.
  7. T

Re: MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY Thank you for all of the feedback! It was greatly appreciated. Turns out that when I pulled the trigger housing, one of the pins was not properly seated. So when I pulled it out the pin slid out slightly which got in the way of the pump arms and kept the pump from...
  8. T

MAVERICK 88 REASSEMBLY I field stripped my 88 tonight and followed a recommended video to do so. The video was very helpful, but once I put the trigger housing back in I cannot get the gun to fully pump. It gets stuck about half way back. I am not sure what is causing this or what I am doing...
  9. T

Re: PLUG PROBLEMS Ok thank you. I will remember that. I have heard a little bit of both about them. Ok great! I like simple! I will check that out. Thanks for the feedback/info.
  10. T

Re: PLUG PROBLEMS I am using winchester shells. Thank you for your concern. I appreciate it. I solved the problem. How difficult is it to clean the internals? I am more of a pistol person personally, so I don't have much experience with shotguns. Like I said, it is a present for my dad. I just...
  11. T

Re: PLUG PROBLEMS Ok, thank you. No it did not happen previous to pulling the plug. I have yet to actually shoot the gun. It is a Christmas present for my dad. I just wanted to have it all set up and ready to go for him. I will give it another try and see what happens.
  12. T

PLUG PROBLEMS I pulled the plug from my maverick 88. Now I can fit 5 shells. But when I loaded it to make sure I could not get the first shell that I put in to eject. It stayed in the barrel. Is that because I took the plug out? Or am I just doing something wrong?
Back