• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

Free Float problem

Re: forearm of stock touching barrel mine is the laminate wood stock, and sanding the inside is a must to get the barrel free floating. that will free up one major variable.
  2. M

glass bedding

i will keep posted if i decide to do it, not sure if this gun will be staying with me or will be getting traded for somehitng else? i have my shooters in .270, and this was jsut picked up on a trade deal to possibly be an elk gun. but maybe i should jsut stick with my tried and true .270's and...
  3. M

glass bedding

i just picked up a 300 win mag a cuple months ago. replaced the cheap mounts and scope, and have only fired 10 shots through it with less than standard accuracy (3 inches at 100 yds, with some fliers)was doing , doing a look over and cleaning and see mossberg glass bedded the recoil lug...
  4. M

Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Troubleshooting

if you got the package rifle/scope/mounts deal, the scope is cheap and especally the mounts are garbage! replace them with a good quality mounts and loc-tite them in in place.
  5. M

Free Float problem

forearm of stock touching barrel has anyone sanded down the inside of their stock forearm? I notice down the left side the wood get closer to the barrel and at one spot touches. this would effect accuracy once the barrel heats up, causing a pressure/pivot point and throw shot off...
  6. M

glass bedding

has anyone glass bedded their actions? i was thinking about giving it a try to improve accuracy. ?
  7. M

338 win mag stock?

that is mossberg's attempt at glass bedding the recoil lug.
Back