• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

New from OK

Welcome from north Texas. Maybe we can get together an shoot sometime. Do you go to that fantastic local gun store in Duncan?
  2. B

Hey from Alabama

Welcome from north Texas. Loved my time in Bama - I was stationed at Ft. Rucker twice. Would like to go back for a visit sometime.
  3. B

mossberg 930

Welcome. I have a new 930, and love burning ammo with that thing. I am a former LE also. Do you use the 930 as a duty weapon? I am old fashoned, I would still be using a pump shotgun and a revolver.
  4. B

Welcome. I have a 500 and a Mav 88; can not decide which I like the best. The 88 has to be the best bang for the buck out there.
  5. B

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Got to tell everyone about Mossberg's GREAT customer service. I bought a 930 Tactical on December 14th, but had trouble with double feeds from the mag tube. Sent it back, and did not expect quick turn around because of the holidays. To my surprise Fed Ex walked in with my gun today. Went out...
  6. B

Hi from Anti-gun, Left Coast

Welcome from Texas. I too just started shoooting shotguns a lot. Now one of my favorite(mean) things to do is go to the range with friends or my son, and after they put their pistol targets up, I blow the target away with my shotgun. Gives them a new perspective on shotguns.
  7. B

New Guy

Welcome from Texas
  8. B

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

This is round-about, but I still have my Winchester Ranger that I used as peace officer in Texas in the 80s and 90s. It was a good shotgun and never failed me. I have too much time now; so one day I decided that needed to try an 870, because that is what most other agencies used, and must be...
  9. B

Hi from Anti-gun, Left Coast

Welcome. Mossberg is a great shotgun.
  10. B

new mossberg owner

Welcome. Keep us updated on your Flex.
  11. B

Hey from NY

Welcome from Texas.
  12. B

New Mossberg owner from East Texas!

Welcome, if you get over around Wichita Falls, bring your shotgun and we can go shoot.
  13. B

Older 500 Disassembly

This gun was so dirty that I did not try to rack it, but looking at the parts it should be smoother operating than the newer models. The bolt lock operates more freely without a spring in there like the new models, and the greased forearm seems more precise.
  14. B

Older 500 Disassembly

Not too bad. There are a couple of chips above the medallion. Other places it is just sort of flaking off.
  15. B

Older 500 Disassembly

old mossy, I will check the birth date when I can, but I want to go ahead and post some pics. There are rings on the tube and a spring behind the aft ring. There is grease on these rings and the forearm tube rides on the rings instead of the whole tube. The spring behind the aft ring is to...
  16. B

Older 500 Disassembly

Got it off. On older 500s the magazine tube must removed, and the forearm assembly comes off with it. This old gun has some very unique features, compared to newer guns. I will take some pictures later. I think it is an educational gun to see.
  17. B

Older 500 Disassembly

I am disassemblying an older 500 that my son acquired, but I can not get the forearm assembly to come out of the receiver. The receiver is completely stripped. I have stripped 500s many times and never had a problem - the fore arm usually just slides out freely. Any tips? Little more info...
  18. B

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

Customer Service Wow Edna, I called Eagel Pass tody to see if they had received my 930 for repair. They said they were five days behind in logging in shipments. They are not going to make you work over the holidays, are they? I was so depressed that I went out and bought another Model 500.
  19. B

Hello from Texas-Mossberg Rep.

Hi Edna, I just sent my 930 Tactical in for a little TLC. I called in advance, and was hoping you would answer the phone, but another youg lady took care of me. Guess you can't answer all of the calls.
  20. B

Removing Mag Spring Retainer

Thanks sniper, those detent arms sticking up thru the plug kind of spooked me.
Back