• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

Mossberg 835 Tactical Build Up

No, it is more than that. I would change the barrel, then the stock and forend. I am looking at about $145 for the barrel and $100 for the stock and forend. $25 for the mag tube. $300 when it is all said and done. $450 buys a new gun. The sell my 835 for $200 and it is a wash.
  2. S

I am looking at a 500 tactical on gunbroker.com that has the same threaded end cap on the mag tube as my 835. I guess this is because it is the new flex system? Now I am wondering if the new stand off barrel will work on my 835. That is the barrel I wanted anyway.
  3. S

AHHHHH...*light bulb is on now*. Gotcha. My barrel IS held on with a threaded end cap. I can not find a 590 barrel but I am not finished looking yet. Wondering if I should just buy a 500/590/930 and call it a day. Anyone interested in an 835 ulti mag?
  4. S

Thanks Itsricmo....But now I am confused. Why will a 590 barrel work with the mag tube that is on there but the 500 barrel will not? Would i just be better off cutting the 835 barrel down to 18.5" with the intention of only using 3" 00 buck? Should I sell or trade the 835 and buy a 500 or...
  5. S

New to the forum.....Hello from St. Louis, MO SO I have a Mossberg 835 Ulti Mag with wood stock and fore end. I plan to turn it into a HD/Tactical. I have read through a lot of the posts on here and here is my plan. Mossberg 500 18.5" stand off barrel Phoenix skull stock and fore end Will I...
  6. S

Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Pump Action Accessories...

For those Phoenix kits, you will still need to buy a new slide tube correct? The pieces shown are meant to slip over or snap onto a blank slide. It will not work with the wood fore end. RIGHT??????
  7. S

Mossberg 835 for $300... Fair Price?

I have spent all day researching the 500 and 930. Might just sell my 835 as I do not use it in it's current configuration and the 500 and 930 are not terribly expensive. The barrel I want is $142. Decisions decisions.
  8. S

Home Defense Shotgun

Holy s**t!!!!!!! Does that mean I can put a Mossberg 500 18" stand-off barrel on my 835??????? Then I will add the Phoenix Tech skull stock and fore end. Let me ask this.....The ATI AR stock and fore end will require that I buy a new slide assembly right? The wood fore end is a complete...
  9. S

Mossberg 835 for $300... Fair Price?

Thanks....that helps me too. I have a wood stock 835 ulti mag. Am considering turning it into a HD/tactical. Was wondering why I can not shot slugs through it per the stamping on the barrel. I got it at an auction for $230. Is it worth putting the time and money into or should I go buy a...
  10. S

Chopped my 28" barrel tonight.

Nice job. I saw a similar job on Youtube when I was researching for my "mossberg 500"......My 500 turns out to be an 835 ulti mag. Typical wood setup currently. I want to turn it into a HD/Tactical. AR stock, pistol grip, chop, etc. Would really like to end up with more of a stand-off...
Back