• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. A

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Conclusion to problem: I ended up sending the entire gun back to Mossberg, and they replaced the barrel. I can see now that the gas piston can easily be pulled out of the gas cylinder by hand, which was not the case before I sent it back. So, the 28" barrel I purchased while waiting for my SPX...
  2. A

Thanks again. As you describe, the gas piston is not bound once the barrel is removed from the receiver, and it also moves freely (no fricton) over the mag tube (when barrel removed), but when assembled, i.e. everything installed, including barrel in receiver, the gas piston is very hard to...
  3. A

Thanks. I didn't realize the spring was not installed in the picture, but that is not the problem, I install the spring when I reassemble the gun. The problem is the gas piston is "wedged" or stuck partially sticking out of the gas cylinder, as shown. I'm assuming that these parts are...
  4. A

I have a 930 SPX that I bought last Oct, and love it, performs flawlessly. I had to send the barrel back, though, for the dreaded canted front sight. While waiting for the warranty repair, I decided to purchase the 28" smooth barrel so I could use it for sporting clays. Looks a little funny with...
  5. A

Is this normal? I have a 930 SPX that I bought last Oct, and love it, performs flawlessly. I had to send the barrel back, though, for the dreaded canted front sight. While waiting for the warranty repair, I decided to purchase the 28" smooth barrel so I could use it for sporting clays. Looks...
  6. A

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Use of long barrel on 930 SPX I ordered a long barrel (28"?) from Mossberg so that I can use my tactical 930 SPX for sporting clays. The Mossberg rep that took my order didn't recommend any additional parts, other than the barrel and a choke, so I want to make sure that I am not missing...
Back