• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Brand new 500 - Unable to load. Follower stuck? Frank, Thanks for the suggestion, that worked perfectly. I put the dowel against the follower and gave it a light tap with a hammer and it loosened right up. I'm glad it ended up being an easy fix.
  2. M

Re: Brand new 500 - Unable to load. Follower stuck? Both O-rings came out with the dowel, and the follower looks completely straight. I guess I'll be making a trip back to the store today. Thanks for confirming that I wasn't overlooking something completely obvious.
  3. M

Re: Brand new 500 - Unable to load. Follower stuck? I removed the dowel as instructed in the manual - with the barrel off I shook the gun a few times then grabbed the dowel by the end and pulled it out. I did buy it from a gun store. I'll try to take it by there today and see what they say...
  4. M

Brand new 500 - Unable to load. Follower stuck? Greetings. I just bought a brand new 500 and was hoping to take it out tomorrow to get acquainted with firing it; however, I bought some 12ga ammo tonight and realized that I am unable to load a single shell into the magazine. The follower won't...
Back