• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Mossberg will not sell trigger assembly.

So I had a trigger assembly on backorder from brownells. Ive been trying to put together a Smell spare parts bin. Brownells cancelled the order saying the product was discontinued. I contacted mossberg and they said that from now on of you have a problem with your drop in trigger assembly you...
  2. D

Lighter barrel for 590a1?

Has anyone changed the heavy wall barrel on their a1 to a standard wall barrel? I have an older 18.5 inch 6 shot a1 and have always found it nose heavy. I recently handled a 590 (non a1) 7 shot model 50778 at a lgs and found it to handle much better due to the lighter barrel. I called...
  3. D

Help with forward sling mount ideas

I own a 590a1, 18.5, set up with magpul sga stock and moe forend. I shoot lefty and have a pic rail and light mounted to the right side of the moe forend. Id like to set up 2 point sling and am having trouble figuring out a front sling mount for the right side of the gun that wont interfere...
  4. D

590 shockwave 12 or 20 gauge?

Looking hard at the shockwave as a truck gun/home defense gun. I havent been able to shoot one since I dont know anyone who owns one and none of the ranges Ive checked with rent them. Im trying to decide between the 12 or 20 gauge based on handling. Is there a big difference in recoil between...
  5. D

590 model 50778

Im looking at he 590 7 shot as a lighter alternative to my a1 6 shot. I love my a1 but the heavy walled barrel makes it nose heavy and you can really feel it when trying to shoulder one handed and topping off or combat loading shells with the other hand. Has anyone bought and or shot the new...
  6. D

SOE Active Shooter Bag

Im selling this SOE active shooter bag. I just received it but my girlfriend had already bought me one for my b day. Its brand new. Asking 175.00 plus shipping. Paypal accepted. If interested, please message me. ***personal contact info removed***
  7. D

Anyone have experience with 500 Talo Home Defense model or new 590 SP with 6 shot magazine tube?

I'm looking at adding a 500 to my stable. Namely a 500 Talo Home Defense model # 51236. This model is a standard 500 Purseuder with a matte blue finish. Wondering if anyone has one and if they can chime in. I'm also comparing this model to the new SP 590 # 50778 which is a 590 with the six shot...
  8. D

Anyone have experience with 500 Talo Home Defense model or new 590 SP with 6 shot magazine tube?

I'm looking at adding a 500 to my stable. Namely a 500 Talo Home Defense model # 51236. This model is a standard 500 Purseuder with a matte blue finish. Wondering if anyone has one and if they can chime in. I'm also comparing this model to the new SP 590 # 50778 which is a 590 with the six...
  9. D

Reloading from side saddle vs butstock cuff

I was wondering if anyone here prefers reloading from a butstock cuff vs side saddle? If so can you share why and what your technique is like? I was wondering if it would give the shotgun better balance since less weight would be distributed forward.
  10. D

Magpul SGA stock vs Original Mossberg stock (felt recoil)

Ive got a magpul sga stock on my a1 and think it is a great, versatile stock. I wonder what others experiences are though between the felt recoil in the shoulder between the sga and the original mossberg stock? Do any of you feel the original stock is more comfortable at the shoulder under...
  11. D

Worth it to convert 20 " a1 to 18.5 590?

So here is my situition. I have a 20" 590a1 along with a 18.5 in 590a1 ( am am not touching the 18.5 a1, leaving it as is). I am interested in configuring or purchasing a lighter version (non double wall barrel) of the 590 in 18.5. The 20" barrel is nice but just not functional for me as a...
  12. D

590a1 Trigger Assembly vs 500 Trigger Assembly question

I know that the 590a1 has a metal trigger guard assembly compared to the plastic trigger assembly of the 500. Are there any other parts in the 500 trigger assembly that are plastic? Is the trigger plastic too? I'm contemplating another purchase but of a 500 or 590 this time to avoid the...
  13. D

How hard is it to access mag spring on 500?

Thinking of picking up a 500 to compliment my a1. My concern is that in the event I need to access the magazine spring how hard is it to get to on a 500? I know its easy on the a1 but never dealt with a 500.
  14. D

Forend or mag tube mounted light on 590a1?

Looking at options to mount a light on my a1. My big question is: is it better to have a forend mounted light or a magazine tube mounted light? I'm planning on using something along the lines of a tlr1 for the light which will work for either method. Just want to see what most users opinions...
  15. D

Recoil between 590a1 and 500

Hey all, I own a 590a1 18.5 inch barrel and was thinking of picking up a plain 500 model with 18.5 inch barrel. question is: is there a noticeable difference in felt recoil between the 590a1 and 500 due to the 590a1 being heavier? Does the plain 500 model still shoot as nice at the 590a1?
Back