• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Night Sights

meprolight update!! I finally was sent a replacement front sight for my 590a1 from Kimber America. I asked by talking to a customer service how do i know the life of this replacement and their answer was they do not know. The product is not marked in telling this. Their answer is that i could...
  2. D

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

knoxxs opps GEN II kit walk into 111 gun store and found a knoxxs opps recoil system for my 590a1 for $114. what a steal!! I called Blackhawk asking of any changes to this system and the person told me in a few months they are coming out with the Gen II version which will retain the current...
  3. D

Night Sights

Re: tritium front sight worth it? bought mine from shooters supply in lou. to find out after i bought them that they are 5 or six years old. thier reply was sorry no refunds when i came back in after finding that they are hardly working in complete darkness. I was told to call Kimber america...
  4. D

defence shotgun pattern ???

I would like to pattern my 590a1 with Federal 00 buck and truball slugs. Reading different articles they showed shooting at 7 yards and 25 yards. My question is is this the correct distance to honestly get the pattern from a stock gun be fore any mods are done. The question is what size pattern...
  5. D

BlackHawk CompStock Shotgun Stock- Mossberg

i have used a houge stock on another shotgun and did add weight to the gun and i did't like the loose forearm after i tighten it down. i like the stock forearm so only the stock will be used. Thank you of the great info Dog229 Gone
  6. D

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

compstock reviews? I am thinking of adding the compstock to my 590a1 for reducing felt recoil. i am not interested in the pistol grip version. How does it do and does it add alot of weight to the gun. Have a safe 4th of July !!!! Dog229 Gone
  7. D

BlackHawk CompStock Shotgun Stock- Mossberg

compstock system review I am interested in adding the blackhawk compstock reduce coil system to my 590a1. Not really wanting the pistol grip i would like to know anyones result in using it. They claim it cuts 50% of felt recoil in heavy ammo. Does it really or not? And being a Houge stock does...
  8. D

590a1 barrel question

I am not trying to turn a shotgun into a rifle but to only find what works the best to get all out of the gun. My local gunsmith told me that in the late 80's the local city police came to them to try and improve their shotguns pattern with in the 15 yard range. He told me that not having the...
  9. D

590a1 barrel question

Dogg229 here, All four 590a1 are 18.5 barrel with speedfast stocks. Looking at the there is no noticable difference at looking at them and the recoil felt the same with all the guns. Not knowing if any barrel work has been done i can not tell. My has no porting. Does Vang Comp mark the barrel...
  10. D

590a1 barrel question

Dog229 Here, I was shooting with friends with my 590a1 and was trying slug and 00 ammo and was surprised to discover that my 590 pattern better at 15 and 25 yards than my friends 590a1 using the same ammo in both guns which we had a total of four 590a1 we where using. I took a look at all the...
  11. D

Shotgun Bead Sights

front bead diameter size matters? Dog229 Here My front bead is 2 or 3 mm in dia. and i would like to increase it's dia. size to 6 mm in a brass screw in ball stud that is threaded. My eyes are not like they were 20 years ago and i am wanting to know that change will cause any problem being that...
  12. D

non lethal ammo question

Dog229 Here, When using either rubber ball or beanbag ammo does having the barrel forcing cone and back bored help with better point of impact out to 25 feet. I have problems with wild dogs on my farm and would like to have a shotgun setup with only this type of ammo. Also, can it be used...
  13. D

590A1 trigger group update

Dog229 Here, My 590A1 was made in 1998 and was in a sheriff's armory and was never in used at all in it's time other than for dry firing training and i know this is hard to chew but it is true. I know that over 13 years parts are improved so should i look into updating my trigger assembly with...
  14. D

vang comp or chokes for 590A1

Dog229 Here, A real GOOD question. I want my a590a1 to shoot better groups with slug ammo. I know how the cone lengthing and back bore is needed in either way done but isn't with chokes give more adjustable way of pattern your gun and with the vang comp what is the choke dia. you will end up...
  15. D

a590A1 updates to improve it?

Dog229 Here, Thanks oli for the info. i really don'thave a gunsmith locally i trust to do the silver solder so it will be a electronic dot system but must be compact. I will work on my bead sighting on target for know and just have fun with the gun. Dog229 Gone!
  16. D

a590A1 updates to improve it?

Dog229 Here, I just got my 590A1 out of layaway and by talking to Mossberg i found that it was made in Sept. of 1998. The gun is like new condition and i was wondering if any internal changes are needed from then until now in current production to improve it for function and reliability if any...
  17. D

590a1 question

Dog229 Here, my 590a1 according to mossberg was made sept,1998. When did the 590a1 come in production from mossberg and is my version used only in police dept. or could it be military? I know late in 2007 or 2008 it became available for reg. consumer could purchase it at the gun store. Also, has...
  18. D

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

newbie 590a1 owner Dog229 Here, I came across a used police 590a1 model 51410 at orions today, having the 18.5 barrel, speedfast stock,bead sight, no lug on barrel clamp,no sling pivots. i contacted moss by email for build date and they replied that the gun was made on 9/4/98. Is the gun better...
Back