• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. H

One-Way Safety Removal Video

I’ll gladly take three - can I at least PP you postage?
  2. H

Shockwave - new build

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave yesterday. The work GG&G did is much cleaner than I or probably anyone could have done with a Dremel - it’s very professionally done.
  3. H

Forend options looking for recommendations

I just installed a GG&G modified Magpul forend on my Shockwave. I’d like to provide a bit more protection for the racking hand - a handstop that doesn’t take up much of the forend, or maybe a strap. Has anyone tried anything like this? I’m not interested in a handstop that takes up the...
  4. H

Picked Up A Used 590A1

Very nice! I have a 51417 that I bought new, I just replaced the barrel with a new heavy wall unfluted interchangeable choke one because a local gunsmith messed up the installation of a set of Mossberg ghost rings.
  5. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Ok, I punched four additional holes in the replacement strap and folded the strap over so the screws were outside the loop - no more hand contact with screw heads. I’d upload the pics, but the website isn't iPad friendly.
  6. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Actually, it’s due to my experience with a similar GG&G mount on my Beretta 1301T...
  7. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

To me, that mount looks like a recoil finger injury waiting to happen...
  8. H

Mossberg 590 Shockwave in 20 gauge now shipping!!!!

The Mossberg rep I spoke to a few weeks ago mentioned this was coming, but asked me too keep it under my hat. Glad to see it was almost ready at that point!
  9. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Lol - thanks, guys! Enjoying the Rockies with my sweetie.
  10. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I’m on my honeymoon right now, but I have a replacement strap waiting for me when I’m back. I have an idea of how I want to do it and will report back if it works.
  11. H

Magpul Stock & Forend On 590A1

My 590A1 came stock with Magpul furniture. There are no forend interference issues with my heavy fluted barrel, and I relieved the buttstock to allow the trigger group to be removed without pulling the stock.
  12. H

GG&G M590 Looped Rear Sling Attachment on a Shockwave, it works.

Looks good, but have you shot it yet? I’ve found side mounts like that tend to bite the web of my hand - I avoid them.
  13. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I did read through all the pages, thanks!
  14. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

My $329 Brownells special came in. I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, but I’m already looking at ways of changing the way the handstrap is attached to put the screwheads outside of the loop.
  15. H

590A1 replacement barrel source?

I just got off the phone with Mossberg. The rep I spoke with was great, he mentioned that the magazine length on the 590A1 changed fairly recently, and he was able to cross-reference a new 18.5” barrel with front ghost ring that would fit my shotgun. $200. It appears I’m looking for part...
  16. H

590A1 replacement barrel source?

I have a new model 51417 18.5” 590A1 on which a local gunsmith screwed up the barrel installing a set of Mossberg ghost rings - the front sight is canted and the barrel finish is very rough. I’m wondering if it will be more cost effective to just replace the barrel instead of finding another...
  17. H

Forend options looking for recommendations

I very much like the Magpul forend I have on my 590A1, but I also very much like my fingers. I need to pull my 590A1 out of the safe and see if there’s a good way of fitting a hand strap to it - if there is, I might make the switch to Magpul on my Shockwave.
Back