• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Papa D

How to tell action length...

Howdy folks. Been a while since I've popped in. Got a quick question. I'm wanting to change out the foregrip on my Maverick 88. I heard there were a couple different action lengths. Mine will chamber up to 3" shells. Is this considered a Long Action or Short Action? Sent from my SM-A205U...
  2. Papa D

FINALLY got to put rounds on paper...

Got my Patriot, Nancy Hart, dialed in a bit. I had to blue loctite and tighten the heck outta the rings, but got it done. Bottom left hit was from initial sighting in at 100 yards. One of the hits on the left were from sighting in as well. The other was a flinch [emoji4]. However the 3 in the...
  3. Papa D

AICS Magwell for Boyd's Stocks...

For any of ya'll that are rocking a Boyd's stock on your Patriot SA, they now have an AICS magwell conversion. Just FYI. https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/accessories/mossberg-patriot-sa-ai-mag-assembly7196b Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
  4. Papa D

Another aftermarket chassis option!

So MDT has made an Aluminum Chassis for the Patriot for a while. I just discovered another company today. https://oryxchassis.com/us/oryx-bolt-action-rifle-chassis.html Currently $399.00 Looks like Chassis, grip and stock are all included, unlike the MDT version. Also looks like only SA...
  5. Papa D

New stock or new scope?

Help me decide. Looking at maybe giving my Patriot .308, Nancy Hart (yes I named her), some love this Christmas. Looking at either Boyd's Pro Varmint or a scope in that same price range. My local range goes out to 400+ yards and I'm running the stock Bushnell 3-9x40 scope. I know nothing about...
  6. Papa D

Bi-Pods and Bean bags...

So I got a CV Life Bi-Pod on my Patriot. So far so good. Seems solid and was only $20. Now I'm looking at using one of those bean bags to support the rear end. Question is, is there a difference between them? I've seen them priced from $15-$60. Does anyone else use them? Are they worth it or...
  7. Papa D

Let's talk CHEAP ammo...

My Patriot .308 is primarily a "plinker" for me. It was bought with the intention of running mostly cheap ammo for hitting steel at 100-400 yards, for now. I'm just now getting into this stuff and am looking for info on budget friendly ammo. I know of Tula and Monarch. Both are Russian steel...
  8. Papa D

Bi-Pod suggestions for swivel mount?

After today's first range trip with my Patriot, I am in the market for a Bi-Pod. Any suggestions are appreciated. Prefer suggestions from folks that have actual usage experience. Thanks. Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk
  9. Papa D

New Patriot .308 owner...

My wife blessed me with my first rifle for my birthday. Looking forward to putting some rounds down range soon.
  10. Papa D

What on earth just came out of my barrel?

Been about 3 months since last trip to the range. I did, what I thought, was a thorough cleaning after that day. Getting the little lady ready for the new season, so I broke her out of the safe and gave her a once over today. All was going well. Just gave all of the internals a wipe down and...
Back