• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. J

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Newby Question... tgw, Yeah I can do it manually. However, some times on shell will come out at a time & other times the mag will spit our 2-3 shells. It still feeds well when firing though.
  2. J

Re: Newby Question... It's Baaaaaaaack!!!!.....Well, I cleaned the 930 today, attempted to manually cycle the 4 in the mag with various ammo & the only thing that cycled one was the Winchester target load. Neither the Winchester or Remington buck would work. Kind of makes it hard to leave the...
  3. J

Re: Newby Question... Yeah, Kirk22287, give it a good cleaning & get all of the factory goop out. I didn't realize I had that much in there until I did a thorough cleaning & see if that helps your situation - it worked for me!
  4. J

Re: Newby Question... Well, I cleaned I oiled the 930 today & took it out this evening for a test shot. I shot quite a bit: 7 Winchester 00 buck, 5 Remington 00 buck, 4 Winchester 1oz slugs (never shot slugs before - didn't realize they kicked that much!) & 10 Winchester #8 target loads. The...
  5. J

Re: Newby Question... Thanks for all of the info & help. I plan on shooting it Wednesday, (Pending the weather), and will let you know how it does..........
  6. J

Re: Newby Question... So, what is considered a proper break in period? How many shells would that be roughly? And, m24shooter, thanks for adding the new word to my dictionary - "pluturdium" - I'll have to use that one in the future! Just out of curiosity, what's the FGC? Thanks.
  7. J

Re: Newby Question... I also noticed with 1-2 rounds of Remington in the magazine, they would sometime cycle but you see a delay before the shell would go onto the elevator.
  8. J

Re: Newby Question... The spring in my 930 is 22 1/2" long. Not sure if that is the right length or not. When I reassembled it, I put a little Remoil on the follower then tried with 4 shells of Winchester target load in the magazine. To my surprise all 4 cycled. So I tried with the Remington...
  9. J

Re: Newby Question... How do you remove the spring? I took off the mag cap & there is some sort of spring retainer in the end of the tube holding the spring in place. Also, if I remove the retainer will this void the warranty? (It's also a 930 Home Security 4+1, not the SPX model) Thanks for...
  10. J

Newby Question... Hello to all! I'm new to the forum & new to Mossberg as well. A few days ago I got a 930 Home Security and was wondering about the function of the gun. (My other shotguns are a Winchester 140 & a Saiga .410). I have not had the chance to shot the 930 yet, but I have loaded it...
Back