• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

Pattern testing with new 88 Mossberg 12 gauge

I fired 9 pellet 00 Federal buckshot, 15 pellet 000 Federal Flite Control and 0 Buck ,the Flite Control by far gave the tightest pattern with the Modified choke in my Mossy 88 Field 12 gauge. The 9 shot gave about a 12 inch spread, the 000 Federal was about 4 inches all 15 in that tight...
  2. B

New Mossberg Maverick

Dropped by Cabelas today, they had a Black Friday sale and I just had to buy a new Maverick, $302 all in, I couldn't resist.
  3. B

Mossy 500 12 gauge buckshot and slug patterns.

I paced off 63 good sized steps and tried some 3 inch double magnum 000 Federal buckshot in my Mossy 500 12 gauge, it had been a while since I touched off one of those puppies. I was even more surprised by a group of close to 18 inches in rough circle on a large piece of cardboard. The 3...
  4. B

Mossberg 500a extractor fix....

My older Mossberg 500a was not always extracting 100%, I took it to a good gunsmith, he told me that the 500 pumps can have this problem, and it is a "design" flaw. It was is not the extractors, but the small cuts in the barrel where the extractors fit into. The left side extractor was...
Back